Marybeth18
Super Boxer
All, its been a long time since i posted on here but i need advice. My Daisy (will be 11 in September) was put on phenobaribol May 27 after her 3rd seizure (one a year ago, one about 2 months ago and one on Memorial Day). Her vet did a thorough exam and said it is definately neurological. We have decided against an MRI as the last time Daisy had anesthesia it took her weeks to return to normal.
She is now on pheno, her gabopentin for pain (she has a bad leg) and amantadine (a 3 week pain manager). Yesterday, she urinated outside on her dog bed. I was in the kitchen and my husband chalked it up to her being an old girl and not feeling like getting up. I don't buy it. I am really worried. I am supposed to wait until tomorrow to check in with her vet but my instinct tells me to call now. Thoughts? I am so frightened she is fading and I don't want to see her "embarassed" or in pain.
She is now on pheno, her gabopentin for pain (she has a bad leg) and amantadine (a 3 week pain manager). Yesterday, she urinated outside on her dog bed. I was in the kitchen and my husband chalked it up to her being an old girl and not feeling like getting up. I don't buy it. I am really worried. I am supposed to wait until tomorrow to check in with her vet but my instinct tells me to call now. Thoughts? I am so frightened she is fading and I don't want to see her "embarassed" or in pain.