Life Changing event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvnmyboxer

Boxer Insane
I hope things work out for you, but dont feel bad if that's not the case. And like someone mentioned earlier you might find out things that you'd rather not have known. I guess it's a choice you have to make and if the positives outweigh the negatives then go for it. Keep us updated and let us know what you find out. I hope you and she will become good friends.

tugger

Super Boxer
My husband was contacted by a son he never knew he had fathered. The son was 34 yrs old! The people that adopted him encouraged him to find my husband. We were surprised to say the least. After a short period of denial on my husbands part we met his son. The minute I laid eyes on the son I knew this was my husbands son. He looks just like him and acts like him also.
We have had 5 almost 6 years of pleasure knowing the NEW son and his family. We are all close. It has been a great expirence for us.
Dont be in hurry for any answer. Take each step of the process slowly. It is a lot to absorb having a grown child appear.
My wish for you is that the relationship make you whole and happy.

myluckydutch

Boxer Buddy
so here's the basic story

I was born to a girl that was 14. She was a twin. I am not sure if the letter was written to her or her sister, so I stated in the letter that I thought I might be related to her. I have to trust her to give me the correct relation. I had help from a "search angel" who had previously helped a cousin of my mil find her birth mother. It was a pretty straight forward search and we came up with this address after a few days working together. I have held onto it not knowing how I felt, but decided it was time. Not sure why... just I think I was ready. I hope she is okay with this. I hope she will at very least respond. It's a waiting game. :) I'll keep you all in the loop!!

koaboy04

Boxer Insane
My prayers are with you. I went through this 2 years ago, I found my mother after 36 years. I hope everything works out for you, just take it slow & try not to expect too much from the whole reunion when it happens. It takes time to absorb all those emotions. :)
Good luck with everything! :lovicon:

myluckydutch

Boxer Buddy
thanks so much

It has been a little over a week. I know that this may take some time, so I am very careful not to expect anything soon. I do go to my mailbox everyday and check, just in case... :) I am excited and scared at the same time. I have always wanted to find out personal info about myself. I have no info on my birth father, would love to know at least something about him. I do not expect anything. I hope for something. I will keep you in touch, and I appreciate your thoughts. :)

thank you!!

sanford7

Completely Boxer Crazy
Keeping everything I have crossed.. Even if all you find out is a little family history and family health I think it will be a successful event!!! But keeping my fingers crossed for even more!

Status
Not open for further replies.