RIP Apollo 2008-2018

SpartanBoxer

Boxer Booster
My heart just aches. We put down our buddy Apollo on Monday morning. His health had been declining for a couple years...tumor had robbed him of most his eyesight. This guy was a total stud in his day, the picture of beauty, strength and personality. He was the best looking dog I've ever seen. Just so sad to see how quickly he was reduced to barely surviving.

I question whether it's worth it. The end is so much to take.

He served his purpose in earth. He helped me get over my first Boxer who died suddenly at 5 years old of BCM. Him and U were inseparable buddies for about 6 years.

I guess all things happen for a reason, as in 2013 we welcomed our first Son to the world. Once he learned to crawl he was obsessed with crawling on Apollo, who was clearly not comfortable around this new boy and would move away. Well one day Apollo was overtired, and he nipped at my Son. No damage was done, but it was enough that I had him go live with my Mom, Dad and brother in Michigan.

We lost my Dad in 2015 to esophageal cancer. Apollo was the rock that my mother leaned on during that time. People came and went but that loving Boxer was always there for her.

It was epically sad to see his condition over the last 6 months. We held on as long as we could but had to be fair to him when life just was no longer enjoyable.

Rest easy big fella. You were a wonderful companion, we all loved ya!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss! Run free at the bridge Apollo! Godspeed!
angeliconangelicon

Skylar

Boxer Booster
Very sorry to hear about your lose, my boxer seems to be on the decline right now also, I know it must be rough

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was an angel sent to help your family through other losses. It was just his time to go back to heaven. I hope the happy memories will soon bring smiles instead of tears.