Looking for obedience trainer in central Ohio area

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaG

Boxer Pal
I have an eleven month old female boxer who listens to commands pretty well except when I have visitors that come into my home. My boxer gets so excited and jumps on the visitors. She evens jumps up on the furniture and runs up around the visitors' heads and is absolutely spastic. It usually takes my boxer anywhere between ten and fifteen minutes to settle down where she is not jumping on the visitor. I've tried separating my boxer with hopes that she'll settle. But she goes spastic when she gets near the visitor. Jumping on them, licking them, whining, etc. I literally have to put her leash on and make her lay down near the visitor for about ten minutes before she calms down. I'm very concerned with this behavior when children come to my home because my boxer is nearing seventy pounds and could hurt a small child. Not intentionally of course because my boxer isn't aggressive. I'm hoping to find a trainer in the central Ohio area that has good experience with boxers. With loving and positive training methods which I will be allowed to co-train with. I will not leave my boxer for days on end by herself at a training school.

Status
Not open for further replies.