ANF Feeding Quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmouthboyo

Boxer Pal
Hi Guys,

We have been recommended ANF dog food for our 13 week old pup by our vet here in Thailand. He seems to love it, however where the Pedigree Chum feed stated 350g a day for his weight the ANF states only 110g for a dog 5 - 10KG. This doesnt seem a lot.

I remember my boxer from when I was young being pretty lean, but we can see our boys ribs and wondering if we need to increase the weight we feed him? He does get treats for training like liver, chopped chicken heart, chicken breast etc but not really more than say 50g a day.

Thanks

RockTheBoxer

Super Boxer
The bag is guideline for feeding. If your pup is very active he may require a little more. Likewise, if your pup is less active, he may eat less. If he's eating the entire meal and seems hungry, maybe try a little more in the serving. If I recall from other posters advice, growth spurts may also require an increased amount as well.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
The ANF may have more calories, so less food is required. I would start off with the guidelines on the bag and increase it if necesssary.

Bathel

Super Boxer
Hi Guys,

We have been recommended ANF dog food for our 13 week old pup by our vet here in Thailand. He seems to love it, however where the Pedigree Chum feed stated 350g a day for his weight the ANF states only 110g for a dog 5 - 10KG. This doesnt seem a lot.

I remember my boxer from when I was young being pretty lean, but we can see our boys ribs and wondering if we need to increase the weight we feed him? He does get treats for training like liver, chopped chicken heart, chicken breast etc but not really more than say 50g a day.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that brand; however, just make sure the weight indicated on the package isn't for EXPECTED ADULT weight and really is for current weight. Some dog food manufacturer's used expected adult weight as the guideline and not the current weight.

Bathel

Super Boxer
just looked up their puppy formula online and it states for a 12-16 week puppy 3-10kg in weight should be feed between 170-380g...

What formula of food are you feeding the pup ?

ANF PET PRODUCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.