1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoe the hammerhead

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leenasmom, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

One time one of my kids was chasing Chewy (now at the bridge) through the house and he came flying into the living room where I was sitting on the floor. He just totally bowled me over and it felt like I was hit by a truck! No injuries to speak of other than really sore body where he hit me. Another time Chewy was outside playing and two cats were chasing each other on the other side of our fence. He saw the cats and started running down the fence line trying to get at them. There is a hole at the bottom of the fence beside the shed and he was trying to dig his way under to get at the cats. I ran inside to get his leash and collar and got my husband to put this big rock in front of the hole. I finally get Chewy hooked up and am dragging him back to the house. I got my hand on the door handle, the other hand has the leash wrapped around it (DUH!!!) and then the cats start running again. Well, Chewy went running to the back fence again and as I was attached to the leash, I went FLYING through the air, landed on my stomach on the lawn and he dragged me to the back fence. I was laying there on the soggy grass, mad as hell, Chewy still trying to get through the fence, when my husband turns around and looks at me like "What the hell are you doing". I had to admit it must have looked so funny, I wish someone caught it on tape, I could have sent it to American's funniest home videos. When I finally saw the humor in it I started laughing and Chewy was forgiven. What a boy! He sure made our lives interesting in the short time we had with him.

2. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

Minx has given me a fat lip, some scrapesand one time made me bite my tongue so hard it bled, owie!

3. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought is was about what their head looked like when they lay on their back. Chewy used to lay on his back all the time and his big flopping lips would lay open and he looked like a hammerhead shark. Totally funny, he had such big jowls, Ruby's aren't quite as big, and she just looks like a small hammerhead when she's on her back.

4. leenasmom

leenasmom Boxer Insane

LMAO, Sharon :LOL: Zoe is my skin daughter. I had a feeling everyone would think that Zoe is a boxer. I have had injuries from my boxers too tho :p

5. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

:LOL: Yes, I did think you were referring to your boxer baby! Too funny!!! Speaking of kids injuring their parents - when my boys were little and they would get mad, they would just punch and what did they punch --- my husband, right in the groin - ooowwwweeeee!!!!! They were just at the perfect height that when they swung, it landed in just the right spot - or wrong spot I suppose smashicon

6. jelyjenn

jelyjenn Boxer Buddy

OUCH

I thought that Zoe was your Boxer too!! Okay that is too funny. When my son was 9 months old and learning how to stand he was sitting on my lap. Then bam everything went black. He stood up so hard he actually broke my nose. I went to urgent care and the Dr. laughed at me!!! I didn't see the humor at all. But as for boxer bruises on me just the occasional scratch from rough play. My kids on the other hand have been dragged across the yard and back again because they wouldn't let go!! I laughed and they didn't think it was funny.

Jenn

7. Jmans Mom

Jmans Mom Boxer Pal

Scarface thanks to Jasmine

I was sleeping on our couch once, on my back and somebody knocked on the door. Jasmine usually jumps over me when this happens and she's never actually landed on me in the process. This time, she did. Her back paw landed right above my right eye and scratched the deepest scratch ever from my eyebrow down, across my eyelid and all the way down my cheek to the corner of my mouth! It also gave me a black eye. I looked like Scarface for a few weeks. Looking at myself in the mirror was worse than the pain. It didn't really hurt at all. It was my mom that had knocked on the door and when she opened it up and saw blood running down my face she didn't know what to think. It's actually funny now that I think about it.

8. Mom3

Mom3 Super Boxer

The worst I ever got hurt was a three-part incident ~ all injuries to the exact same area within 10 days of each other!

~ age 11, had a horse slip going down a gravel hill, got my foot caught under him, and as he moved to get up, he ground my foot into the gravel. A bloody mess.

~ 5 days later, "borrowed" my brother's dirt bike (motorcycle) and decided to pop a wheelie; fell off and the foot peg went right into same foot! Had to deal with wrath of older brother, which was almost as painful as the injury.

~ 4 days later, flying down a steep hill on the back of a friend's bicycle and that same foot managed to find its way right into the spokes of the bike! (Trust me, this hurts like hell!)

We were in Laos at the time (near the end of the war) and the only doctor was a war-weary Army guy ~ who stitched me up without any painkiller or numbing agent. Guess compared to what he'd seen, my injuries were miniscule!

9. leenasmom

leenasmom Boxer Insane

OMG Mom3, what luck you were having. :eek:

I remember when I was 6 or so, my brother used to pull me on my roller skates behind his bicycle. One time he took off when I was still straddling the back wheel. Holy cow, you know how rubber on skin hurts; multiply x1000. :LOL: I tried so hard to walk inside as usual and didn't tell anyone. I was so embarrassed. It took me 30 minutes to get all the black from the rubber off the inside of my legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.