1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoe has colitis/ homecooked food /or regular?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Amsangels, Aug 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amsangels

Amsangels Boxer Pal

Zoe has colitis the vet and I think so too.I've done ALOT of research I'm trying to figure out if homemade food is the way to go.
    I went to culinary school,but I never thought I'd be cooking for my dog.But I think she's worth every bit of the work!!MY friends and family think I'm nuts,but who cares --Zoe doesnt seem to mind.But now I have a new furbaby in the houseand I'm not sure what to do about him.I want to make sure they are getting anough of everything they both need.Any ideas?
    Annemarie

------------------

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I think a natural homemade diet would be an excellant idea. I think Sharon (krikkit) feeds her dogs a natural diet. She will probably be able to give you some ideas. You might also want to post this on the Nutrition-BARF Topic.

------------------
    Jan
    Markus, dark brindle
    neutered male, 6 yrs old

3. Amsangels

Amsangels Boxer Pal

thanks so much ,hopefully I can get some advice.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

5. sheralyn

sheralyn Boxer Pal

hi, i homecook for my 2 boxers and give them a premium dry dogfood. the change in them was unbelievable!! i grate carrots and apples. i also put in chicken, oatmeal, and vegetables. they get baked cookies and love them. yes, it takes time but the food last for 4 days and only takes me about 20 minutes to do it. no more vet trips! sheralyn

6. Amsangels

Amsangels Boxer Pal

hi what kind of dry food do you feed them?I got a sampleof flint river ranch(about a hand full) and they ate it like it was candy.
    I'm thinking of ordering some,but I'm not sure?Anybody else out there tried it before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.