1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zit on his chin?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by NateBazooka, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateBazooka

NateBazooka Boxer Booster

Kevin's got a red bump on his chin. It's been there for at least a week - at first I thought maybe it was some kind of bug bite or something, but it hasn't gone away. I'm not overly concerned about it, but I was wondering if you guys had seen anything similar/knew what this was. Do teenage boxers get acne (lol)?

It's hard to tell if the bump is sensitive or not. It's not... obviously sensitive. I haven't noticed Kevin scratching at it, or yelping when it is touched or anything like that. He did pull away at one point when I touched it, though he might have done that when being poked on the chin, bump or no bump.

2. Clavin

Clavin Boxer Booster

I think it is quite common for Boxers to have little red bumps on their chin. I know Clavin has a few and my other Boxers did as well. I think it is just inherent in the breed but let's see what others have to say.

3. Furface

Furface Boxer Booster

yes they can get acne. Devon had several bouts of it, some even looked like boils, poor girl, she was on and off anti biotics for a while, but touch wood she is not 10 months old and seems to have grown out of it.

4. NateBazooka

NateBazooka Boxer Booster

Oh that's so funny... I didn't know there was such a thing as canine acne!

5. Furface

Furface Boxer Booster

nor did we!!! we had the nickname Spotty Dog for a while.

6. Furface

Furface Boxer Booster

nor did we!!! she had the nickname Spotty Dog for a while.

7. harleyboxer

harleyboxer Super Boxer

My dog gets acne when he eats something that he's allergic to.

8. Roxie'sMommy

Roxie'sMommy Boxer Booster

My girl Roxie gets it every once in awhile- we call it puppy acne (even though she isn't a puppy anymore). It will come and go. My vet said to make sure the food bowls and water bowls are either ceramic or stainless steel and to wash them at least once a month in the dishwasher. She said any other type of dish will build up bacteria easily. She also said to help clear it up use a little bit of hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball. cool2icon

9. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

If it doesn't go away in a week or two please take him to the vet and have it checked out. If it starts growing go to the vet immediately.

10. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Oxford gets those when he chews/plays with rubber toys. he is fine with the rubber of Kong toys.. it's a certain kind of rubber that gives him those bumps.
    Also plastic bowls give him bumps.

if it gorws or gets weird, I would have this checked out by a vet just in case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.