yr Old Gelding Broke my finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin&Dex

Super Boxer
Hi all,

Just found this thread, as I am fairly new to BW. Thought I'd share my war story!! March 12, 2005 my 3 year old gelding, decided to cut loose and buck... I got him to stop bucking, but then he decided to cut to the right (out from under me) and RUN. I decided to bail, since I was riding with a draw bit (no whoa).

Broke my shoulder, had surgery to put in a titanium rod and two screws--it was BAD. Long recovery, lots of physical therapy... The fracture still isn't totally healed and I have to go back in August for more x-rays. But he did clear me to ride again whenever I"m ready.

Oh those horses!!!! Gotta love em! Been around em all my life, had broken toes, broken fingers, and now a broken shoulder... and numerous bruised shins (from hitting barrels). Gotta love em!

Roxy_girl

Boxer Booster
Ouch !! I have a 12 yr old Morgan Mare that ive had since she was 6 months old ive been kicked and bit and few good dumps the worst being hitting the tailbone it was all over a trickle of shavings what goes through their little brains?????
Hope your finger is better soon.

Courtknee202

Boxer Booster
I've been lucky enough that I haven't suffered any major injuries *knock on wood* since I've been riding. Just the usual bumps and bruises. As of next month I'll be the official owner of a very green Dutch Warmblood/Thoroughbred mare....so we'll see how long I stay off the injured list :-p

Mollie_T

Banned
Yellow jackets.... A tennis racket... Barbed wire.

I've been around horses since I could walk, my only major accident involved yellow jackets, a tennis racket & barbed wire... Allow me to elaborate ;) My Grandfather got the bright idea to fight a nest of yellow jackets that were at our barn with a tennis racket. I was 5 at the time, we had this really old Shetland pony named Ginger- she was so old & slow (or so we thought) that we just sat on her bareback with a halter & rope. Needless to say, somehow old Ginger (with me on her back) made her way to my Grandfather in the midst of the bee fight. Tennis racket made contact with Ginger's butt & away we went !!! I ended up falling off & crashing through a barbed wire fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.