yr Old Gelding Broke my finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tessa's Pal

Boxer Buddy
My 2 yr Old gelding(such a butt) reared up and snapped my finger...broke both knuckles...Tessa...my 7 mo old Boxer Buddy Chewbaca'ed at him....If he was'nt winning at the Halter Shows I'd have KO'd him...truth be known.. it was my fault...shhhhh...Tessa was my little Buddy and stood by me...probably BC she has never heard a four letter disertation like that before....But I'm ok....he (the Gelding) qualifies for the AQHA world Show next month....I love this dog....still love the Gelding....but he has to work harder at it!!!!
Brad & Tessa

Vela

Boxer Insane
Sorry to hear! I once had a Mustang who bucked me off and broke my pinky finger in two places. Of course I had to get back on and go for a two hour ride just to show her who was boss before I went to the ER. =) Sorry about your finger!

K8IE

Boxer Insane
Ouch! I have never had a finger broken by any of my horses, but definitely some sprains and bruises and shoulder pulled out of whack... :( Kinda makes it hard to do what you need to do with a broken finger... Have you posted any pics of him? I would love to see! Hope you recover soon!

Stacy W.

Boxer Booster
ouch! I had a horse crash a fence with me and I fell an broke my collar bone. Other than that, I have never had any major horse related injuries (knock on wood). My thoroughbred can be kind of a butt-head sometimes too. He is good on the ground (but then again he is now 8 years old, not 2) and he is good in the ring, but on trail he can be a bit of an idiot. You can take the horse off the track but you can take the track out of the horse. He can see someone a half a mile away and want to take off (got to be first!). Well I hope your finger heals fast. Good luck with the gelding!

zandz

Super Boxer
Ouch - I hope your finger heals fast! I'm just getting over four broken toes after a big dorky warmblood tried to jump in my lap to get away from a particularly scary flower blowing in the wind. :rolleyes: Fortunately this is not my horse, just one I have to deal with twice a week. My horse is far, far too lazy to move that quickly. :LOL:

Rufust

Boxer Pal
Ouch, hope your finger heals fast! I used to show in the APHA circuit in high school and I was on my mare in the makeup arena getting ready to go into English Equitation. As you probably know, english reins are one loop instead of two separate reins. She had a fly on her head and dropped her head to the ground to remove the fly with he leg. Needless to say, she threw he leg through the rein and up we went. She reared up and I didn't have enough time to get off. I fell off of her and sprained my hip. What a very weird injury to have. Lucky for me, two of the show mom's were nurses so they got me into the car and off we went to the ER! Horses are great but are very powerful animals, even when they don't mean any harm.

Tango's Mama

Super Boxer
35 years and no major accidents with a horse. This past jan a mule I was boarding decided that I wasnt moving fast enough and ran me over. Broke my shoulder and almost broke my nose. Needless to say mule went back home and Im still in recovery. I beleive I will stick to horse's from now on :p

Paula

Boxer Booster
Many injuries, usually not too bad

Hi,

Sorry about your finger. I hope it heals fast. Congratulations on the win!

My husband has always claimed, often in the same breath, that youngsters are too much trouble and that the best horses he's had, he's trained himself. It usually does pay to train them yourself, if you can. You get what you want that way.

I now have arthritis in my upper back and lower neck from an injury in March '04. My old foxhunting mare fell when we were cantering across a field, fortunately it was muddy, or the damage would have been much, much worse. My mare, now 25, is retired from foxhunting. So I have a 3 yo gelding, a 3 yo mare and an 8 yo mare coming along. Some better than others...

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.