1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Spouse II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raynas mom, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb_IA

Barb_IA Boxer Insane

Wow Catcompany! That's a pretty neat. I enjoyed reading.

Dempsey J's mom - They say that's a good way to meet people, walking your dog.:)

2. BRIDGIT

BRIDGIT Completely Boxer Crazy

Since I will be married in 5 weeks I will tell my story now.:)

I was working for an insurance company where Justin had his auto insurance. He was buying a house and need house insurance. I happend to answer the phone. He flirted with me and after a couple of times asked me to go to a baseball game. I said no. I had just ended a 4 year relationship and was not ready to get involved with anyone. He kept pursuing me. Which is surprising because he is very she. He said that since it was over the phone the worst that could happen was for me to say no. He would call and ask stupid questions about his bill just to call to talk to me. He asked me out again and I finally said yes. We had never met so we set a date. I went to his house that morning and it was very awkward seeing eachother the first time. We decided to go to San Francisco for the day and he was such a gentleman. We spent all day together (12 hours). There was no romance at all the first date. We kept in touch and after about a month we officially starting dating. Six months later I moved in. I now commute 45 minutes each day to work. On December 1, 2001 he took me to the snow and asked me to marry him. Our wedding is 9/7/02!:D I never would have thought I would meet someone at my work over the phone but all I can say is it was meant to be. He is truly my soul mate. Since it was his idea to get our first boxer I would not have the love of boxers in my life if it wasn't for him either.;)

3. Sube Ru's mom

Sube Ru's mom Guest

This is GREAT!!! but man oh man.. i was a VERY naughty girl.. i met Pat through his BEST FRIEND, Jose. Jose's mom and i worked together in the jewelry business and her son Jose came in all the time. i was like MAN HE IS FINE!!!!! (hope hubby never reads this) and after months of me drooling over her son he asks me out. Well the night him and I are supposed to go out he comes into the store where i worked with his buddy Pat. Honestly i didnt even notice pat :( I just thought he was really funny and nice. Well the THREE of us went and hung out, watched movies and such and i kissed jose in front of pat. But that was all. I decided then that kissing jose was like kissing my brother-yuck! and we both decided to remain friends. after that pat calls me and asks me to go and hang out. i dont know how many times i ditched this poor boy in the beginning- BAD ME!!! well i finally agreed to go out and we went to Dave and Busters Dec 3rd 1999. We got along GREAT and i had the most fun!! so we started hanging out ALL THE TIME and on january 22,2000 pat told me for the first time he loved me and i felt the same way. Then on May 28 2000 after i went to a shania twain concert i hooked up with pat later that night and he proposed-DRUNK!!! so no June 6 2000 He proposed again BUT SOBER this time. We were married on April 22 2000 and have been living a fairtale every since

4. luvfritz

luvfritz Boxer Pal

Heather - it's a woman's perogative to change her mind, not man's just woman's :)

Dempsey J's mom - what the heck is a leonberger? Now I'm off to AKC.org to check out this breed ;)

Everybody - each story is terrific. This is such an interesting thread - I love reading every one (I'm a romantic)

5. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

How did I meet my spouse? My husband was and still is a friend of my brother's. They went to the same high school, they even share the same birthdate and year, pretty weird, huh. Anyhow, he would come around our house when I lived in Philadelphia, to see my brother, I was always interested in him, but he was 4 years younger than me. After dating a few losers and then my family moved to New Jersey, my brother and hubby remained friends, I asked my brother to set us up on a date. He agreed, we went out the day after Christmas in 1986 to the movies. Had a great time, I am more outgoing than he is, so I went for it and kissed him the 1st date. Weeks went by I didn't hear from him. I decided to drop him a note and a cute Valentine's card, he called and thanked me and asked me out on Feb 13, 1987. We continued dating and got engaged Dec 24, 1991 (my ring was in a box of chocolates) . We got married May 29, 1993 and we are happily married. That is my story. Oh, my brother was our best man too for our wedding.;)

Linda/NJ
    Ginger * June 4, 1997
    Flashy Fawn * Natural Earsqueenicon

6. Jelly

Jelly Boxer Booster

I was in college and on a first date with this guy I just thought was THE ONE. We went to a local bar, where I later worked. The bartender that night asked me what I wanted to drink, I responded sir! My husband (the bartender) said that he was hooked from that moment on. Of course I was oblivious of him until we worked together. We were very close friends for several years before we went on our first date. I have not even looked (well maybe looked, but not touched!) another man since.:D

7. Dempsey J's mom

Dempsey J's mom Boxer Pal

These are great stories. I wish all of you the best with your wonderful partners.

Luvfritz--The leos aren't AKC recognized, but check out the Leonberger Club of America (I'm not gonna post the URL because I'm never sure if that's okay. I think it is but I don't want to get into trouble :) but you can use google)

8. KELLY W

KELLY W Super Boxer

Danny and I first met in jr high. I saw him at a carnival and just had to have him!! We dated somewhat, but were never exclusive. Then years later, i came home from college on weekend and ran into him at a bar. He was still so hot!! Anyway, i gave him my number and he called me at college everyday. We went on our first offical date about 2 weeks later. I ended up sleeping with him on our first date smashicon !! I just couldnt help myself, and i felt like it didnt count as a first date since we had dated in jr high!! Besides, it must have been the right thing to do, because now we have been married for 2 1/2 years and together for 6years. Who says they wont respect you in the morning :eek: !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.