1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Spouse II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raynas mom, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

2. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

We started out as Pen Pals and lived 8 hours apart until we were married the next year. We've been married almost 11 years and have three boys.

3. luvfritz

luvfritz Boxer Pal

Hi everyone - this is fun

I worked as a district secretary for the Boston Police Dept. and I had to call Headquarters several times a day with our towed cars to a very nice guy in the Tow Unit. We talked for four years, back and forth we became phone friends, never meeting each other face to face. We both ended our relationships with our unsignificant others and went to a union meeting. That's when we met, we dated, we married and it has been 21 years. Happy ending.

PS Vasha - always be ready - it usually happens when you least expect it :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2002
  4. Chewy's Mom

Chewy's Mom Boxer Insane

Hey Vasha,

Too bad you're not in California - I could try setting you up with the CFO of the tech company I work for. He's single, good-looking, very sweet, and has good taste - and he's Indian - if you're into rich, handsome Indian guys. ;)

5. buddy's_mom_29

buddy's_mom_29 Boxer Insane

We're not married yet, but engaged, and I'm telling my story anyway:LOL: After wasting 6 years of my life with a total jerk, I had broken up with him months before I met Stacy, and become a regular at our local bar, Legends (just like Cheers;) ). Me and a girlfriend were hanging out there one night, and happened to see a couple cute guys a few tables over. She just happened to know one of them (Stacy), and went over and brought them back to introduce us. We hung out till 2am closing time, then went to my house (all 4 of us) to watch movies till about 5am. Before they left, Stacy cornered me in the kitchen (FINALLY) and asked me if I'd like to go out sometime, and I said yes, and we exchanged numbers. Then they left, and on his way out the door, he just leaned back in real quick, gave me a kiss, then asked me if that was too forward:p I said no, and like 11am (same morning) he called to ask if I'd like to get together. I said yes, and we've been together ever since! We're engaged, but in no hurry, as we have alot going on right now:)

6. khousman

khousman Boxer Insane

I had been broken up with my high school boyfriend for a couple months. My best friend Ami and I were looking for an apartment together. She just started dating this guy who lived across the street from her mom. He decided to get an apartment with us also. They decided to set me up on a blind date with his best friend. So all of us went out and then back to Jesse's to watch a movie. Ami and Mike fell asleep, so Jesse and I just talked for hours. We started dating right away and stayed at the apartment with us just about every night. We broke up about 6 months later for some complicated reasons. I went back to my high school boyfriend and got pregnant with Madison. Deep down, I knew that I still loved Jesse. When Madison was 9 months old, I moved back home. I ended up calling Jesse on the 4th of July just to see how he was doing. His girlfriend and him had just broken up. We talked quite a bit and he asked if I wanted to go out the next week. Two days later he called to see if he could come over. He couldn't even wait 2 more days to see me. We have been together since and that was 1998. We got married February 16, 2001. Things are great!

Kristi

7. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

rich, handsome, indian . . . AND he lets you get on BW at work, sounds like my kinda guy :LOL:

sounds like i have yet ANOTHER reason to move to Cali!! :LOL:

VaSHa frogicon

8. Barb_IA

Barb_IA Boxer Insane

Troy (MollyMoose) too funny! Vasha, there is nothing wrong with being single.
    I was married the first time for 9 years. I was with my second husband 10 years before we married. We've known each other almost 12 years. I can't say it was love at first site. I don't believe in that anyway. He's 6 years younger than me. I thought that would be a good thing. Well, it is was and wasn't.
    If I can just keep him from buying cars I think we'll be alright...lol

9. catcompany

catcompany Banned

Go for it Vasha!!!! :)

I was going around with someone and then after 7 years we broke up. After that I was with out anyone for 4 years .....( most of the guys I came across at that time---I didnot like) and then I kind of decided that I will go for an arranged marriage (common in India). I just had a posting in the matrimonial columns of Calcutta Online. Babu who was in France around that time saw the posting and was interested. He too had broken up with his gf for 7 years and relations with other women were not exactly working out. Babu called me up and we talked..and talked and talked---one day we spoke for 6 hours (long distance) and then after 3 months of talking we dediced to get married. And since it was along distance affair and we had to think of immigration and all the bureaucracy we dediced to get married without even seeing each other. I also had to send the registration papers for pre approval (Babu didnot have any vacations left --so we had to hurry). Babu came down ---I saw him for the first time and we got registered. Then I moved to France and came back after 5 months to have the social Hindu wedding.
    I have been very lucky with Babu--I couldnot have made a better choice. Though it was an arranged marriage, we arranged everything---parents were not involved (as per Indian custom). But it was definitely a gamble we took----and I will never suggest amyone to go through marriage like this. We just happened to be lucky--what if we were not?? And the irony of the matter is that I was always in doubt of arranged marriages (always told my parents that I will date someone for a long time and then marry!!!)..and Babu after having grown up in Europe, for him arranged marriage was never an option....but see how life turns out.....I guess this is called fate. And I am glad that my fate was like this. If I hadnot married Babu, I wouldn't have come to Texas (I was planning to do my phd in New York), I wouldn't have had Draco & Argos...and moreover there wouldn't have been any Royina......

10. Dempsey J's mom

Dempsey J's mom Boxer Pal

Yup. I had just finished a nasty split with a jerk (from the looks of things, we could have a thread on that too :) ) when I found out about our local dog park. I started taking Dempsey J. there, and noticed that there was a VERY handsome man that came occasionally with his leonberger. We got to talking, he came more often, we went on a few dates, we're getting married in May!

We met at the dog park! Can you believe that story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.