1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Spouse II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raynas mom, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynas mom

Raynas mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Along the lines of B's thread how did you meet your spouse or mate?

I was working at Target and Jason had just moved from Oklahoma to California to pursue his music career. His mom flew out and was helping him move into his apartment. He needed some stuff for his new place so he came to my store....this was around December. Anyway I was at the register when he came through my line with his mom. I guess when I gave him the change I touched his hand....so he was all excited and asked his mom what she thought. She told him I looked very nice and was very helpful :LOL: Before his mom flew back she told him to go talk to me.
    February 10, 1996 around 6:00pm it was a rainy night...he came into the store saw that I was working at the return desk and went back out to his truck and sat there. He said he was trying to figure what he was going to say. An HOUR later he came in...just as I was about to break the operator upstairs....I saw him walk in and I told one of the other girls....ohhh let me just help this guy and then I will go.
    He walks up with a smile and he says Ummm I just wanted to know what your return policy was?? and if you take out of state items....I said we do you can return anything with a receipt. I said did you have something you wanted to return and he said.....no. I just looked at him like oookayyyy.
    He then said ummm I was wondering what type of music you were into? I told him the bands I like and then he handed me a flyer saying well maybe you would want to check out my band? He had already written his # on the flyer. I said yeah sure I would. Then he left! I ran upstairs to break the operator and called him right away and left a message on his machine. He said that he listened to it over and over he couldn't believe that I said yes! Our first date was that week on February 14th. He didn't have that much money and I didn't care so we went to the park and talked and talked.....he DIDN'T even kiss me on the first date! We have been together ever since.

2. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

I LOVE these kinds of stories

I was out with some of my girl friends as my high school sweatheart and I had split up just 2 weeks prior after 7 years together. Jason and I were both at the same bar but I never noticed him inside. My friends and I were regrouping together outside at the end of the night (we always stayed in pairs of two). Jason and his friends were also outside. We were missing one of the girls and he asked if we were looking for her and told us where she went. One of my other girlfriends was extremely attracted to one of his friends but is real shy. Sooo, I asked them where they were going--we all met for breakfast at a hot spot in D.C. We parted and there were no numbers exchanged, they happened to be a bit too young for us. The following week we ran into them again downtown. We hung out all night and talked, danced and had a great time. We stayed in the parking lot until atleast 4AM chatting but again left, no numbers exchanged. We were still determined that they were too young and I really didn't want to get involved again already. It wasn't until we ran into them again the next week that we decided we needed to stop meeting like that. It must have been fate. We then exchanged numbers and have been together ever since. That was a little over 4 years ago and we are getting married on September 14. Now for my friend and his, they already tied the knot!

3. Raynas mom

Oh Amiee that is a great story!! Congratulations!

4. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Great stories Andrea and Aimee. Aimee - Congrats on your upcoming wedding on Sept. 14th!

Linda/NJ
    Ginger * June 4, 1997
    Flashy Fawn * Natural Earsqueenicon

5. Chewy's Mom

Chewy's Mom Boxer Insane

Well, I had just broken up with a real jerk, and decided I needed to turn my life back around, so I agreed to meet some friends of mine at their church one Sunday. They didn't show up, so here I am at this huge church that I've never been to, and I don't know anyone at all. A guy by the name of Aaron noticed that I was new, and started introducing me to a bunch of his friends. When he introduced me to Jared, my first thought was "Now why can't I get a guy like THAT?" There was just something about him that made my heart flutter. I went out to lunch that day with 4 guys, including Jared. I decided that this was a good sign. Jared was so funny and handsome, and I was very attracted to him. We became friends, but it took over a year for us to go out on a date. That was the most torturous year of my life. All of his friends and mine thought we should be together, and I knew it too, but I didn't want to make the first move. For our first date, he came to my house, and I cooked him a fancy dinner and we watched the movie "Phenomenon." Our first kiss was also that night after the movie, and we have been together ever since. We were married 2 years after that first date, and have been married for 2 1/2 years. :)

6. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

STOP STOP STOP already!!!

:LOL:

some of us are STILL single and this is KILLING me!!

:LOL:

VaSHa frogicon

7. Raynas mom

Sorry Vasha :eek:

8. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

:LOL: i was kidding :LOL:

VaSHa frogicon

9. Raynas mom

10. MollyMoose

MollyMoose Guest

The story of how I met and married my ex wife is much less interesting than the story of our divorce...but this thread is not about divorce, so I will refrain!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.