1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion Please?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Badassboxer, May 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badassboxer

Badassboxer Guest

Suppose....

Hypothetically:

What would you think if you found out that the Boxer Rescue organizations in your area were not working together for all Boxers in your area, but that the biggest organization is actually shipping dogs from another state to your state for adoptions; while there are dogs in your state who are not given the same chance and having a hard time getting out of the shelters?

I'll explain this later, I just would like different opinions and views.

2. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

Re: Suppose....

I think it is a shame if the boxer rescue groups do not work together but I have already seen some "competitions" between some groups located in the same area.

Olly

3. Lava Linda

Lava Linda Completely Boxer Crazy

My opinion is that in any charitable endeavor, there will be profiteers who are only in it to make money. I can imagine they'd want to round up the most adoptable boxers they can find, and wouldn't bother with poor old Fido with the crooked ears and a greying muzzle. :(

Ideally, the organizations would all network, and place as many boxers as possible with the best matched owners, wherever they might be.

4. Badassboxer

Badassboxer Guest

Thank you Linda & Olly….another question….

Now what would you do if your company sponsored $500 to the organization that you have volunteered for, but they must be incorporated.

Now, only this LA Boxer place is incorporated and the other rescue is not. Technically, the dog I am sponsoring is from LA. Do you sign them up? It still saves Boxers in the long run? But at the same time, if defeats the purpose. Think about it before you answer.
    Some of those LA dogs may end up being in Arizona Shelters.

5. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

Do you mean some boxers are counted as rescued in a State and end up in some shelters in another State? What would be the purpose of this situation?
    What do you mean by "incorporated"? I am not fluent in English and I am thinking about different interpretations.

Olly

6. Badassboxer

Badassboxer Guest

Incorporated just means that they are regulated somehow by government - I think...

BUT Good news! The Boxer rescue here in my state, who helps AZ dogs, does have an "incorporated" section within the organization, so I am able to qualify for that program with right rescue org!!!!!! :) :) :) :) Thanks!

7. Lava Linda

Lava Linda Completely Boxer Crazy

Incorporated means they are a registered corporation, which in turn means they have certain rights regarding taxation and lawsuits. (i.e. the corporation is sued, not the individuals who run it, so it protects those individuals.) That sums up my pitiful knowledge of corporations. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you were able to direct that money to the better organization. $500 is a very generous sum!!!! :)

8. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

In my experience of rescue and this is only in the state of Virginia, it is very rare that we take dogs from other states or adopt a dog out of state. We are more willing to place a less adoptable dog out of state for the reason that they too deserve a good home even if it is out of our area but only if another rescue group (not necessarily of the same breed) is willing to do the homecheck, etc for us. No dog will leave without a proper background and home check and a vet reference. There are too many dogs all over to be shipping dogs out of state unless a true need arises. We have however taken dogs into our custody from puppy mill raids in North Carolina and we are still currently holding on to 7 if I am not mistaken because the court case is still pending after 1 year. These dogs cannot be legally adopted out and we have only temporary custody from the courts. :rolleyes:

I am glad you were able to forward the money to the right organization. There are good and bad rescues out there, we should feel fortunant to volunteer for the good ones :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.