1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion on Baby Boy's Name Please!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZoeRestorick, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Wich name do you prefer?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2006.
  1. Rane - means leader, ruler

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Rhyd - means red-haired

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Neither

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZoeRestorick

ZoeRestorick Boxer Insane

I have jokingly been calling my little guy l'il Becks because he loves to play football off my bladder, but hubby and I are working on names and can't decide.... so your input would be nice. We have it down to two names, I like the first, he likes the second.
    Let me know what you think and if you have any good suggestions for a name that sounds strong, handsome and/or has a great meaning, please suggest any. Keep in mind that I have read every baby name book known to man so have heard most of them already! LOL! I don't want a name starting with C,F, K, M or J.

Here are the two we like, tell me what you think:

Rane - means leader
    Rhyd (pronounced Reed) - means red haired (neither one of us is...)

Thanks for your help!

Due Date Jan. 20 2007

2. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

Honestly? I much perfer Beck (Love love love Beck the soccer player) to both Rhyd and Rane. If I had to choose I'd say Rane (prounounced rain?). I think your son would forever be spelling his name for people..people would always write it down as Reed, paperwork would always have to be redone...

My daughters name is Abbie..simple, right? No one EVER spells it correctly, they do it AbbY or AbbEy. And everyone calls her Abigale until i tell them her given name..the name on her birth certificate is Abbie..just Abbie..not Abigale.

My other daughters name is Ciana. (See ah na..rhymes with Donna)..no one spells it correctly..no one pronounces it correctly..they usually call her See Ann ah (rhymes with Diana).

Anyway what I am getting to is with Rhyd, I can foresee a lot of grief with pronouncation and spelling.

I vote
    1) Beck
    2) Rane
    3) Rhyd

3. lisasentous

lisasentous Boxer Insane

Rhyd in gaelic is Rohan meaning red haired - what do you think.

My daughter is called Aine (onya) and as we are living in spain it has been very difficult but we agreed that if we had a girl she would have an Irish name and if it was a boy it would be a french name as my husband is french.
    Our son is Jean-Luc as I went in to labour watching Star Trek (jean-luc picard) jejejeje.

I like the two that you chose, not too sure about becks though as I´m not a football fan.

4. Gen G. :)

Gen G. :) Super Boxer

I like Rhyd when I see it written down, but as Donna says, I would've had no idea how to spell it if you pronounced it "Reed". :)

Rane is a nice name too, very unusual! But I'd have the tendency to spell it "Rain" ;)

I have to agree, Beck is cute! :LOL:

5. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Super Boxer

I like Rane, but as a suggestion, I have always loved my husbands name

Hudson - it means "Charismatic Adventurer"

Congrats

6. ssi_rhonda

ssi_rhonda Boxer Booster

My vote

Okay, here's my vote

1. Becks
    2. Rayne
    3. Rhyde

7. Beau's Mommy

Beau's Mommy Boxer Insane

I'm with Rane!

8. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

I have to add, I like Beck..with no s..I don't like Becks :)

9. Emily_7538

Emily_7538 Boxer Insane

I voted for Rane.

My brothers have some unusual names, which is kinda weird because I have a VERY common name. Their names are Zebulun (Zeb) and Ezekiel (Zeke). Maybe something you could consider.

10. ZoeRestorick

ZoeRestorick Boxer Insane

Thanks for all the input - keep it coming!

Donna, fyi, Becks is just his nickname right now because he is a little footballer (soccer player) in my tummy right now! :LOL: Seems like all he does all day is kick at my bladder!

I prefer Rane too, so I hope y'all can help me build a strong case for DH!!! :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.