1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your job. Love it or hate it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cami, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashsmom

crashsmom Boxer Booster

Love what I do but not who I do it for

Does that make any sense? I really like the work that I do. I work for a lumber comany in the export department. Every shipment brings on a new challenge and I enjoy working with people from other countries. BUT .... the company I work for .... that's a whole different thread!

2. Az Boxr Lovr

Az Boxr Lovr Boxer Insane

Hi, I'm a stay at home Mom and I love my job. :)

3. punkin

punkin Super Boxer

No, I'm not crazy (most days) and yup I love my job! I am a high school science teacher and I love working with teenagers all day. My favorite part is finding new ways to gross them out (I teach biology) and wow them with things that go bang (I also teach chemistry). My classroom is decorated with boxers, boxers and more boxers. The kids ask me, " do you like those kind of dogs?". Ummmmmmmmm maybe! I also teach genetics using patterns of inheritence of boxer coat colors. Having the summers off is pretty great too.

4. El28

El28 Boxer Booster

I love and hate my job LOL! My husband and I own a Dairy Queen. Love the people...most of the time...hate the long hours and employee problems, seems like we work for them. Love that we were able to take off and attend our son's games on the wknds...hate that we could'nt do field trips, or be room mother, he's fixing to graduate and head off to school, it went so fast! Hate that at the moment I am on nights, and hubby on days..trying to sell our house, so I need to be around during day if realtor calls, and me and furbabys can split...love when we work same shift, (this is the first time we have'nt worked side by side in over 10 yrs) hopefully it will pay off. Love that I can make myself healthy salads for dinner...hate that our new cookie dough is so great and think I need a dessert after my nice healthy dinner LOL!

5. Laurie_Duke

Laurie_Duke Completely Boxer Crazy

LOVE IT !!!

I am sales manager for Canada in my company and love it....this is my safe place....but with only withfall....no puppies !!! Though they do seem to find themselves here from time to time....right here sitting beside my desk !!!

6. Letty

Letty Banned

Most of the time I love my job. I work for the City I live in doing Financial Admin work. The pay is wonderful, the hours are even better, great benefits and pension but not really what I want to do for the rest of my life but the pay is what is keeping me here. I have a job where I can make my own hours, will be able to fully retire in my early fifties but no exactly my dream job. Guess we can't have everything in life.

7. lisabethshaw

lisabethshaw Boxer Booster

Working toward that job I'll love...

My current job isn't BAD - I mean, I don't HATE it, but its not at all what I want to be doing. I'm a training coordinator for the Federal Job Search & Resume guru. Its better than plenty of the jobs I've had!

I just got into graduate school and this fall I should begin working towards a Masters/PhD in Philosophy at Catholic University... but its $24,000/year and that's ALOT of money toward a degree that won't make much money down the line. Even though I had great letters of recommendation and graduated with a 3.97 GPA, they are holding scholarship funds for applicants with perfect GRE scores! Okay, this is turning into a vent on another topic... Sorry.

I hope that one day I can say I love my job teaching philosophy! Until then...

8. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

I'm a stay at home Mom, too, and I wouldn't want any other job for all the money in the world.

9. momstaxi

momstaxi Completely Boxer Crazy

Love it most of the time. I work as a school nurse for a workforce prep program. high school kids take classes in things like construction, graphic arts,early childhood education, etc. Kids come here from 15 different school districts so it makes for an interesting mix of kids. i also work with a few special ed classrooms (kids with autism) & other kids who are emotionally disturbed. It sounds busy but most days are pretty quiet and some are boring. But I love getting out of work at 3:00 so i can attend all my own kids games and activities. Also summers off are great! :)
    Michele

10. WYearta

WYearta Super Boxer

I love alot of aspects of my job-I can sort of make my own hours, make my own schedule while I'm at work, and I love the people. But, there are things that I don't like about my job at all-politics mostly. I work for the local county government in the property appraisers department. Which means I get to work outside when I need to (measure new construction), and I can work inside when it rains to enter the info I get out in the field. I've also opened up alot (I've always been kinda shy) b/c I have to work with the public. So, overall, I'm probably not going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.