1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your job. Love it or hate it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cami, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Just curious to see how many people really enjoy what they do for a living or how many of you hate your job.

I have been a hair designer for 20 years and self-employed for 10. I enjoy the freedom of being self-employed and all of the perks that it allows. I don't hate my job, but after 20 years I have started to question "Is this really what I am supposed to be doing?". I have always wanted to do something with animals, but sadly with no hands-on paying experience there really isn't anything that I could do that would provide a similar income in that field.

Just curious to see how everyone else feels about their current job status!

2. LuvDaBabies

LuvDaBabies Boxer Booster

I love my job. I do system/computer related stuff (using non-technical terms here :))for a mortgage company and it's not so much the job (although it is prett great!) as it is the people. If I had one wish it would be to become a computer animator but I don't see that happening this late (HA! if you can call 28 years old late) in life (don't have time or money for more schooling) but we'll see!

3. luvroxy

luvroxy Banned

HATE IT!!! I do environmental work. I also want to work with animals but have no experience except with my boxers. My other dream is to open either a bakery ( I love to cook) or a dog boutique/bakery... If only.

4. Elyse

Elyse Banned

Love it

I actually left my dream job (for good) 3 days before I was to return from maternitiy leave. I couldn't do 14+ hr days anymore with a son (guilt). I am now the Creative Director for a Design & Print firm. I happened to be in the right place at the right time to have ended up here. It was like fate. I am doing exactly what I was doing in the city but 25 minutes from home. They know and respect that my babies (furry and skin) are my life, oh and DH too. haha

In addition, I am still working with high profile clients I have worked with in the past so it is pretty cool to meet up with them again. Basically, I manage the art department and do plenty of design myself.

I got very lucky and am so grateful for the way things worked out :). Heck I deserve it after the dues I paid for 10+ years. lol

5. Evie&Adam

Evie&Adam Boxer Insane

currently, I totally OMG hate my job!!! Since I made the choice to go back to school, I left the paralegal job that i loved for a job that payed more, with less responsibility (ok no responsibility!) and no stress. It is a wonderful job for someone in school, most days I do nothing but homework and surf BW ;) But, I feel worthless, and its mind numbing most of the time. I dont even like the people. BUT - - I can see the end of my schooling - 2 more semesters! yeah!! That's what gets me through most days. Then, it's off to law school and on the road to being self-employed :D :D a dream come true and its nearly in sight!!

6. TracyandSam

TracyandSam Completely Boxer Crazy

I love it...today

Most days I love my job. I work in the Human Resources department of a Manufacturing Plant. Let's just say there is never a dull moment around here! And I get along well with "most" of my fellow co-workers. It is a very laid back enviroment. But there are days that I know I'm not getting paid what I'm worth, but that goes without saying in a small town like I live in. The same job in a city would pay much more, but I like being only a mile from the school in case the kids need me and my boss is excellent when it comes to family obligations!

7. Juliekay

Juliekay Boxer Booster

I love my job. I have been at it for over 12 years now. Just hopeing for the boss to retire so I can take it over:)

8. pipandscott

pipandscott Super Boxer

I love my job. I'm a community cancer nurse, anyone who has a cancer or terminal diagnosis, I see to their nursing needs in their own home. Of course I have bad days but feel that I have really made a difference to that person and their families lives. I see any body over the age of 5 so many days i get to play with kids, their dogs, cats, bunnies etc!! On a personal note The area I cover is exactly where i live, so I can pop home 2 or 3 times a day to let Harry out for a quick walk or play with a ball in the garden.

9. mancin

mancin Boxer Insane

I love it now. I do level 2 technical support so I have time to resolve and don't have to worry about taking calls (that was terrible!) Before when I was a level below I was on the phones ALL DAY LONG and I hated it.
    I'm studying accounting though because eventually I'd like to get out of computers. I think I'd love that because I love working with numbers and budgeting and balancing!

10. Coco'smommy

Coco'smommy Boxer Insane

I love my job. I am a paralegal and enjoy what I do tremendously. I began to dislike it a lot when I was working in the firm I was before I came to where I am now. I hated the other women I had to work with and I despised the Senior Partner..I never earned anything from him except a slap on the rear and then that was it, I was outta there! Thankfully now I work for a great guy. He's a good ethical attorney and just a good person in general. I feel very fortunate to be where I am. I really want to go to law school in the future when my kids get a little older and I will revisit that thought when I feel like I'm ready. As Evie & Adam's mom can tell you, it's not an easy thing to do and takes a great deal of time & commitment. You must be ready mentally, physically & monetarily. Some day I will be :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.