Your Favorite Casserole recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily_7538

Boxer Insane
Okay, this month will be casseroles. What is your favorite Casserole recipe?

Mine is Chicken Casserole:

2 boxes of Stove Top Stuffing mix
2 or 3 cans of cooked chicken
2 cans of cream of mushroom or chicken
2 cups shredded cheese

Make the stuffing according to directions on box. Put it in the bottom of a cake pan and add the drained canned chicken on top of that. Then put the soup on the top of the chicken. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Put the cheese on the top and let melt.

This is SOOO good.

Dunkin

Boxer Insane
Mine would have to be a Mexican Cass.
1 1/2 lb Hamb.
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 jar pace picante sauce
1 can evporated milk
1 bag nacho cheese doritoes
grated chedder cheese
Brown hamb. and drain well, add both cans of soup, picante sauce,evap. milk, let simmer while you mash doritoes and grate cheese. Starting with a thin layer of doritoes layer meat, cheese, end with a layer of doritoes and then cheese. Cook in oven at 350 for about 20 min. YYYUUUUMMMMYYY

kljarvis

Boxer Insane
I guess this would be a casserole:
I use 2 cans of tuna
2 cans of cr. of mushroom soup
1 bag of egg noodles
2 cups each of sharp cheddar and mozarella cheese
and one can of peas
I call it tuna noodle casserole

I open up the tuna and mix the soup with it. I cook my noodles, put them in a baking dish, poor the tuna and soup mixture over them. Add the peas and mix. Then I just add half of each cheese and mix that in. I save the other cheese for the topping! Uum uum good. I cook it for about 30 min on 325, then broil the top for about 5-7 min to get the cheese bubbly and brown on the top!
If you're like us though we always love more cheese. This also makes about 2 pans full also.

K8IE

Boxer Insane
This is not a meal, but more of a side dish, but still a casserole I guess. It is delicious!

1 Box Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 beaten eggs
8 oz container of sour cream
1 stick melted butter
1 small can of creamed corn
1 small can of regular corn
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 375 in a 2 qt dish for about 40 minutes or until middle is cooked through.

dharmadoodle

Boxer Pal
I fry up chopped onions with garlic, then brown off some small diced pork, then I pour in some boiling water, & add gravy granules, cayenne pepper, brown sauce, mushrooms, frozen peas, carrots, salt & pepper. :p Cook for 1 1/2 hrs.

Sometimes I put in tin potatoes, sometimes baby potatoes, & sometimes I add dumplings.

douma

Boxer Insane
Spinach and rice (spanakorizo)

1/2 cup olive oil
3 fresh onions chopped
1 kg (2pounds)fresh spinach
fresh parsley
fresh dill
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
1 cup rice

Heat olive oil in a casserole and saute onions until soft,then add spinach and cook for a few minutes,then add water,bring to the boil and add salt,paper,parsley,dill and rice,reduce heat and cook until rice is tender.Add the lemon juice.Add more water if necessary.

Insead of spinach you can use cabbage(lahanorizo)or leek(prasorizo)

DantesDad

Boxer Booster
Tator Tot Casserole
1-2 lbs of hamburger browned
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk
2 cans of corn
1 bag of tator tots
layer hamburger, soup mixture, corn and then tots....bake at 400 until tots are brown and crispy.

I always put ketchup in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.