1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite book?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen G. :), Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetsyB

BetsyB Boxer Insane

I'm constantly re-reading my favorites like The Other End of the Leash, and Culture Clash.
    I'm a huge reader often reading 6-8 books per week, and confess to having an affinity for romance novels.
    I absolutely love Nora Roberts, Carly Philips, and the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
    I'm currently working on my own book, and I'll let you all know when it's published. (When not if- how's that for positive thinking?? ;))

2. Zannie

Zannie Completely Boxer Crazy

i read all types of books my all time fav. is to Kill A Mocking Bird but i just read Wish You Well and it was great.

3. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

I, myself, (and others may disagree).... like Mary Higgin's Clark books!!!!!!!!!!! I've ready every one and have never been disappointed! They are edge of your seat, can't put them down til the end books, mostly!

4. SamsonBear

SamsonBear Boxer Booster

There is an exelent series of books by James Patterson. The are six books so far in the series. The first one is called "1st to Die" the second is "2nd Chance" the third is "3rd Degree" and you will easily be able to find them all once you start reading them. They are VERY GOOD. I seem to finish each within a day or two. If you try them you will not regret it!

5. wilsonbjane

wilsonbjane Boxer Buddy

Try Stephen King for something scary/strange. Tommy Knockers, Carrie, The green Mile, The Long Walk are some good ones. Dean koontz is great as well. Odd Thomas and Brother Odd are his best.

6. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

I don't read very much anymore but when I was young I loved to read Nancy Drew books. I also like anything by Mary Higgin's Clark.

7. bucca

bucca Boxer Insane

i love all the jonathan keller books never miss one. my guilty pleasures are the jackie collins books have them all.

8. HurricaneBox

HurricaneBox Boxer Insane

Someone else knows who Diana Gabaldon is!!! :-D Love her Outlander novels, also anything by David Eddings, Mercedes Lackey, Jennifer Roberson... I will stop there for now. LOL If you love Ms. Gabaldon's work you might try Lynn Kurland, same sort of style/subject I love them. Happy reading!

9. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

My all time favourite book is The Grapes of Wrath, I just loved the ending. I read Catch 22 once, that was quite funny. I have a favourite kids book too, it's called Grimble. :D I love the Adrian Mole books too (funny). I also loved The Bridges of Madison County, the only book to make me shed a tear, (the film was lousy), & Angela's Ashes was very good (again, I don't rate the film, it took away the whole story to me).

10. myboyjake

myboyjake Boxer Booster

Phillipa Gregory writes some amazing historical fictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.