1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite book?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen G. :), Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

I have a pretty ecclectic mix of books, my taste varies depending on my mood. Some of my faves are: The Education of Little Tree, To Kill A Mockingbird, Peace Like a River, The Green Mile, Bag of Bones, Mountains Beyond Mountains, and Angels and Demons. Just a few...
    I am working on the last HP right now. :( So sad it will be all over.

2. Gen G. :)

Gen G. :) Super Boxer

I forgot Little Women! I've read that book so many times :D I'm currently waiting for the His Dark Materials trilogy to make its way to me, ordered it online!

I'm actually writing down your suggestions, so keep 'em coming ;) I could go bankrupt just from buying books, so... :o just might go and visit the local library soon!

3. punchinella

punchinella Boxer Insane

I love almost anything by Stephen King. Dean Koontz is good too. I do love the scary ones.
    When I was younger, my favorite books were the "Little House on the Prairie" series. I read them over and over. I also liked "Le Morte D'Arthur" and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

More recently, I really enjoyed "Memoirs of a Geisha".

4. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

I know - so many books and not enough time and money to read them all! I do a lot of swapping round with friends - a good friend lives about 5 hours away so we always save up what we've read but don't want to keep and swap it's great cause it makes you read things you might not think about trying.

I forget to mention - A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute another favourite and Angela's Ashes by Fred McCourt.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. My Boxer

My Boxer Boxer Insane

Can't think of a favorite book right now, love them all! But, as Slobberchops says: the best book is the one that allows you to snuggle up with your favorite dog! lovicon

6. Widges

Widges Completely Boxer Crazy

Now I didn't like Lovely Bones at all and had to force myself to finish reading it, I will read anything thought and have no particular favourites, although the Bridget Jones books were the make you laugh out load on a crowded subway type of book!! . MY DS (7) has just started the 1st HP book so I will have to re-visit them so we can take about it together.

7. tastubbs

tastubbs Boxer Insane

I also loved the Stone Diaries and another book by Wally Lamb, She's Come Undone. The best book I have read recently was The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

8. Gen G. :)

Gen G. :) Super Boxer

For all you "His Dark Material" trilogy fans : I received it by mail today! Can't wait to start! :D

9. kljarvis

kljarvis Boxer Insane

I love to read! My faves are the "Little House on the Prairie" series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I love all of Jackie Collins' books. I just took an ENG 102 class this past semester, and he introduced us to an author who I think is amazing. His name is Silas House, he is from Eastern Kentucky, and he has three great books: "Clay's Quilt", "A Parchment of Leaves", and "Coal Tattoo". They are truly good books, you should check them out if ya get a chance.

10. tianthai

tianthai Completely Boxer Crazy

Right now I am crazy about "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I have just finished reading it for the third time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.