1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young Male In MD Shelter

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by bonnie, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

You guys are just so sweet, going to all that effort for this baby. This good news is that he does have a new home and also that there are people on BW like Laylamommy and the others there who are willing to put themselves out for a furbaby in need. You all deserve major props for this even though Raven was already adopted. appicon appicon appicon

2. MyGirlHeidi

MyGirlHeidi Completely Boxer Crazy

I guess the ending is bittersweet.:( At least Raven has a new home. Hopefully, his new owners will take their ownership responsibly and Raven won't end up at a shelter again. Good luck Layla's mommy on finding her a playmate.

3. Cindy Creel

Cindy Creel Boxer Insane

Think on the positive side. Every cloud has a silver lining. There were some great things that did come from this. Laylasmom and bonnie got to meet. The shelter knows who they can call if another boxer comes in. Layla got to meet Bonnie. She also got to ride with her mommie for four hours. Mine love to ride. I hope that Layla likes to ride. You spent some alone time with the fur baby. You were so great to do this for a fur baby in need.

Cindy

4. LAYLAMOMMY24

LAYLAMOMMY24 Super Boxer

Thanks guys. Layla and I are friendless for now but we had a great time. She didnt care for the ride going up b/c I was trying to get her to get used to her seat belt... But on the way home she had a blast sticking her head out the sunroof. She also liked meeting Bonnie and everyone else that was there to pet her. On the way home I felt bad so we stopped at petco and bought Layla some treats and a new pink collar...awe I cant wait to take a picture of that. We also went to two animal shelters here in Delaware in hopes of a boxer.. But alas there were none.
    Maybe I was not supposed to adopt Raven. Whatever the case, I hope his new parents treat him with all teh love he deserves...
    OK I am going outside to play with layla b/c guess what it isnt raining...yippie... We will be playing in like two feet of water but hey we deserve it....Thanks again Bonnie, please meeting you and Layla sends big woo woo's.

5. djsilvera

djsilvera Boxer Booster

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee and I are the lucky new parents of Raven (now named Ranger). Had we been able to join boxerworld, I would have posted sooner to prevent you from traveling so far!

Ranger is a wonderful, playful dog. He stands perfectly and has a gorgeous build. We've been able to play with him boh on and off leash and he's a very well behaved dog.

He does, however, need a bit of work in two areas:
    1) he pees when we leave the house. This is some anxiety that I guess is to be expected in a shelter dog.

2) he is *fascinated* with little dogs. Even though he just wants to play, he scares the bejeezus out of some of them! It's still cute to see him sniff them and then flinch in their direction as if to say "boo!" and scare em.

We'll post photos of our awesome boy when we get a chance!

-Dan and Zoila

6. Camella'sMoM

Camella'sMoM Boxer Booster

fiestaicon fiestaicon fiestaicon CONGRADULATIONS!!

i too saw him and wanted to adopt him but my hubby wouldn't let me. Good Luck and keep us updated!

appicon

Jenn & Carmella

7. LAYLAMOMMY24

LAYLAMOMMY24 Super Boxer

I am so glad you got him!!!!! I was hoping he would go to a good home. I am also glad you guys came to boxerworld now we can all get updates on that beautiful boy...
    Good luck
    Nikki & Layla

8. bonnie

bonnie Super Boxer

I'm Soooooo Happy

I'm sooo happy to hear from the wonderful people that adopted Ranger (Raven). I, too, was going to adopt him before I let him be euthanized. I really wish I could have met him . . .his picture is gorgeous. If you are in the Harford County area maybe we could meet so that I can have the privledge of meeting Ranger?

Either way thank you for being an angel and adopting this great boy. Please keep all of us up-to-date with stories, pictures, and progress.

God Bless You!

9. djsilvera

djsilvera Boxer Booster

10. bonnie

bonnie Super Boxer

Thank you so very much for the pictures. Ranger looks so happy and content.

Please give him a great big hug from me and, once again, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.