1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young Male In MD Shelter

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by bonnie, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

2. LAYLAMOMMY24

LAYLAMOMMY24 Super Boxer

Oh no I hadnt seen that b/c I was checking the website not petfinder. If I wait and call tomorrow and then drive down someone else could adopt him before I get there. I dont know what to do now

3. LAYLAMOMMY24

LAYLAMOMMY24 Super Boxer

I just checked the petfinder list and the Raven -mix does not have adopted next to his name and he was adopted so perhaps it is part of the mix up.

4. Bella'sMom

Bella'sMom Super Boxer

I just saw that! Oh my gosh! I just checked the Hartford County Humane Society and Raven doesn't have the adopted next to his name there. You would think it would be the first place it would show up. Laylamommy, definately call before you drive all that way tomorrow...Good Luck!

5. LAYLAMOMMY24

LAYLAMOMMY24 Super Boxer

thats what the honey is saying too. But I am hoping that it was part of the mix up.... I hope I hope I hope.

6. MyGirlHeidi

MyGirlHeidi Completely Boxer Crazy

Well, it's after 9am here...maybe Layla called and is on her way to get Raven. I wonder what time the shelter opens on Saturdays? I hope it was all a mix-up and Raven goes home with her today. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

7. Bella'sMom

Bella'sMom Super Boxer

1000am, no word yet. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of Laylamommy and Raven. I hope everything works out for the best.

8. Cindy Creel

Cindy Creel Boxer Insane

I pray for a safe trip and a happy ending. I keep looking at his picture. My Delilah and him could be twins. I wish I lived closer. He is also the same age as she is. I wonder if they are related? She sends her whooos whooos!

Cindy

!

9. bonnie

bonnie Super Boxer

I'm sorry to say but it wasn't a mix-up :( I arrived at the shelter @ 9:00 am waiting for laylamommy24. No one could tell me if Raven was there or not as the shelter doesn't open until 10:00. When we asked if he was still available, they informed us that he had been adopted Thursday night. I feel soooo bad that laylamommy24 drove all that distance. The great thing (for me) was I got to meet her and the beautiful Layla:)

Everyone tried so hard and I feel so bad. Maybe I should have "broken the rules" and adopted him myself and then take him back when I knew she was coming. Or maybe just adopt him and give him to laylamommy24. I think this stuff but I'm one of those type that follows the rules. The one good thing is that Raven was adopted and hopefully will have his loving forever home.

Either way, I'm so sorry laylamommy24 that you drove all this way for nothing. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and Layla. I do hope that I have the pleasure to meet with you both again sometime in the future.

10. Bella'sMom

Bella'sMom Super Boxer

So sorry Laylamommy:( It just wasn't meant to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.