You were a little girl of the 80's if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvDaBabies

Boxer Booster
-You wore leg warmers and weren't in dance and it wasn't cold
-You've "pegged" your jeans (folded em over and rolled em up)
-Your hair added inches to your height
-You couldn't decide if you wanted to be JEM or Jerrica, you might have even wanted to be a Hologram
-You had Strawberry Shortcake parties
-"Downtown" was the song they played for Limbo at the skating rink
-You wanted a Cabbage Patch doll so bad, it was the first Christmas fiasco
-You know what a Garbage Pail kid is and you had the cards
-You got Barbie and the Rockers (or their van or stage) one Christmas
-You watched Beverly Hills Teens and wanted to be Lark
-You know who Gargamel and Azriel are and still wonder why there were only 2 girl Smurfs
-You dreamed about Ralph Maccio and asked your parents to enroll you in Karate
-You know who Elizabeth and her twin sister Jessica are, as well as their friends Enid & Lila and that they all lived in Sweet Valley
-You had a roach clip, but it was for your hair and you had no clue what it was really for
-You wore Jellies and had them in every color
-Cartoons were only on Saturday mornings followed by Dr. Who
-You read Nancy Drew and borrowed your brother's Hardy Boy books just to see how different they were
-Your parents were obsessed with "Thirty Something, Moonlighting, Twin Peaks, Dallas"
-You know what a "Popple" is
-You wore Roos and actually put stuff in the pocket
-You had a side ponytail
-You had Bannana clips
-Michael Jackson's "Thriller" or Madonna's "Like a Virgin" or Cindi Lauper's "She's so Unusual" was one of your first albums
-You loved Tiffany and New Kids on the Block (even if every teased you for it)
-Your favorite jeans were made by Jordache
-You had Mork & Mindy suspenders
-You had an original Rainbow bright doll and got her fuzzy little star buddies in a Happy Meal
-"Jack & Diane", "I Love Rock & Roll" pop into your head now and then
-You hear the song "1985" (she's still preoocupied with 1985...) and can tie a memory to every line of the song

Phew sorry I got carried away running down memory lane :)

sgbtab

Banned
I was not a girl of the 80s but my daughters were and they had everything.:)
that is on that list.(well just about)

LuvDaBabies

Boxer Booster
kelseighgirl said:
I thought there was only 1 girl smurf!!!???? Smurfette
Sassette... she was the little girl Smurf, with red hair in braids, that hung out with the two little boys, but I forgot their names. Wow, I can't believe I remembered all that.

Indy B's Mom

Boxer Insane
Oh my gosh-this is too funny!!!!! I'd forgot about these things-holy flash to the past. I would also like to add: the movie phenomena "Breakin' 2-Electric Boogaloo" , Atari, and matching neon earrings, bracelet and socks ha-ha. I'm going to fall asleep tonight trying to think of more childhood memories!

LuvDaBabies

Boxer Booster
Indy B's Mom said:
Oh my gosh-this is too funny!!!!! I'd forgot about these things-holy flash to the past. I would also like to add: the movie phenomena "Breakin' 2-Electric Boogaloo" , Atari, and matching neon earrings, bracelet and socks ha-ha. I'm going to fall asleep tonight trying to think of more childhood memories!
BLAH I can't believe I forgot to add Atari!!!! Between Asteroids and Frogger I think my thumb deformed. Thanks for helping me out with that one :)

I also just noticed you have a "Tyler" too ;) (my youngest skin kid is a Tyler)and Kelseigh has a Justice! Wow, it's almost freakin me out hehehe!

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
LuvDaBabies said:
I also just noticed you have a "Tyler" too ;) (my youngest skin kid is a Tyler)and Kelseigh has a Justice! Wow, it's almost freakin me out hehehe!

I like the name Justice too!! I am a police officer so I figured it was fitting ;)

Luvnmyboxer

Boxer Insane
Oh I so remember nearly everything on that list- and I hid everything in the pocket of my Roos!! I remember having to have like 3 different colors of neon sock and wear them all at one time in alternating order--how tacky, with the side ponytail and the clip that pulled the side of your t-shirt together to make it look like a knot ( i dont remember the name of them). Thanks for the bad bad memories--ha ha.

The cabbage patch kid thing - I have a friend that is still traumatized to this day! Her parents were really poor so for Christmas, they bought her a generic CPK. Her mom even took the pen and wrote the name on the butt. Well, needless to say, after Christmas break, all of us girls gathered around to see the toys, and this poor girl's fake CPK was discovered because it had a funky nose. One of the mean girls (not me, I swear!!) started calling it a booger baby. I still feel bad for us making fun of our friends' generic cabbage patch kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.