You were a little girl of the 80's if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy B's Mom

Boxer Insane
spud's mum said:
Yeah..I remember those! I forgot to mention Miami Vice. All the lads in my class used to think they were Crockett and Tubbs and used to walk around with the sleeves on their jackets rolled up!
I love the film "The Wedding Singer" ...it just sums up all the bits of the '80's that I remember :)
Oh, good call on Miami Vice!!! The neighbor kids used to come over every Friday night to watch it and my Dad would make us a HUGE bowl of popcorn-in the air popper!!

Ok, what about the coco cola shirts? I had one in every color. And the Tretorn tennis shoes with the different color checks on the side. Oh, and who ever missed an episode of Knots Landing????? :LOL: I could go on and on!! What about Bon Jovi....Living on a prayer? He was sooooo hot!!! :LOL:

LuvDaBabies

Boxer Booster
Stacy W. said:
I think I had jsut about everything on this list! I always had really long hair and always had to wear it in a ponytail on the side with a bright neon hair tie. And the rolled up jeans, you were just not cool if you wore your jeans without rolling them! Dark jeans were a BIG NO NO, had to be faded! I loved atari and I still remember when my brother got is first Nintendo, I always hated it. I also remember when we got our first PC. I was in the 5th grade and we were the first to get one. It was a Tandy 1000, it was slow as can be. I still remember sitting there waiting to load a game or something with the computer screen reading "please stand by". I was born in 1977, so I was a kid in the 80s. I loved "Thriller" and "Bad". Would you have ever thaught back than that Michael Jackson would have turned out the way his is now?

I was born late 1976! We also had a Tandy 1000 and I remember the first game we had was the typing game with the wizard. I STILL have an aversion to dark colored jeans :)

Bon Jovi rocks! We're going to see Motley Crue on Aug 20th.

beausmommy

Boxer Insane
I remember some of the things on the list, but I was born in '82, so I think I missed out on some of it. The one thing that stands out in my mind from being a little girl is Lisa Frank. Do any of you remember the stickers, pens, folders, etc. by Lisa Frank? I remember cleaning out my closet a few years ago and finding a box full of Lisa Frank stuff that I thought was too cool at the time to actually use. I always wanted to save it for something special. That time obviously never came and I'd be a total dork to use them now!

rsjenni

Super Boxer
Adding one...

Does anyone remember Gem and the Rockers...

"Gem is truly outrageous,..truly truly contagious!!"

at least that's how I used to sing the song...I had the dolll with the red light up earrings and funky spiked platinum hair!! haha

LuvDaBabies

Boxer Booster
rsjenni said:
Does anyone remember Gem and the Rockers...

"Gem is truly outrageous,..truly truly contagious!!"

at least that's how I used to sing the song...I had the dolll with the red light up earrings and funky spiked platinum hair!! haha
It wasn't GEM and the Rockers it was Jem and the Holograms :) - 4th item on the list ;)

"Barbie" had the Rockers.

I just sold my whole Jem collection on eBay a few months back :( It was so much fun dressing them up and getting them ready for pictures. I still had all their accessories too. *sigh*

Shanz

Boxer Insane
I had Jem tapes, I used to sing along to them. I remember Lisa Frank I had all kinds of stickers, coloring pages, pencil pencil cases. Wow I loved the bright colors of all the stuff. They still do sell Lisa Frank stuff in some stores.

natesmom

Boxer Booster
AAAAA! Lisa Frank...I loved the sticker books. How about telephone cord belts in the day-glo colors? Or Dance Party USA ( we did not get MTV until way late)? Wow the memories:) All skate forward in the regular direction....

Jaime&Louie

Super Boxer
Oh man.... I can relate to all of those.
What about wearing Izod shirts, and wearing those ugly beads!!! Remember all of the different colored beads, and wearing them to match whatever outfit you were wearing?
And... let us never forget UNITS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.