You know you're living in 2004 when ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
You know you're living in 2004 when...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail your mate who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have e-mail addresses
6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you > accidentally dial "0" or "9"to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.
10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.
11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
12. Contractors out number permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.
AND THE REAL CLINCHERS ARE .
13. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
14. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your "friends".
15. You got this email from a friend that never talks to you anymore, except to send you jokes from the net.
16. You are too busy to notice there was no No. 9
17. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a No.9
18. AND NOW U R LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN STUPIDNESS..

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Billysmum

6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

16. You are too busy to notice there was no No. 9

GUILTY!!! :p

But I didn't go back up to check on #9.

I have came VERY close to saying my business answering when at home answering my home phone!! Crazy!!:rolleyes:

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
Great list :LOL:
I have came VERY close to saying my business answering when at home answering my home phone!! Crazy!!
I've done this :rolleyes: In the late 80's I worked for a multi-national company, who, in their wisdom, insisted we answer all calls with:

"Good Morning / Afternoon, you have reached the *Global Idiots Company, the world leader in Usless Manufacturing, and this is the Internal Sales Deparment. My name is Sharon, how may I be of assistance today?"

Was very hard to turn off at home :rolleyes: I still phone them on occassion and was really happy for everyone when they went to the automated 'Press 1 for Internal sales' type thing.

*Name altered to protect the guilty

Sharon

My company was bought by a VERY large company and our company has changed names 5 times in 3 years. My business cards are way out of date. The only correct information is my name, job title, and 800 number. The last couple of items got me as well.

NFBoxerMom

Super Boxer
LOL soooo true.
Many a time at home, I've come close to answering the phone with "Tech Support Desk, Lori speaking"

Got me on the last 2 tho ;)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I used to do that too. Thank you for calling....... I also dial 9 to phone out at home. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.