You know you live in a small town when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernArt

Completely Boxer Crazy
...your sister gets married, but the insurance agent changes your name! :LOL:

Yes, it's true! I got our policy notice in the mail yesterday, and my last name is now my sister's new last name! smashicon I'll be making a phone call this morning...

Another funny thing was that I once got another Heather's mail. She had the same house number, but different street & different zip code. What was really bad was that I knew her!

Please note that I live in a tiny town in a rural county. The only traffic light in our whole county is 25 miles away! ;)

myrocky

Boxer Insane
Sounds like my kind of place :p

My parents live in western PA and after I graduated college I lived in Eastern PA. My parents house was 5hours away from where I was at. For those who don't know PA is a damn long state! :) I had a friend who wasn't from there or had no concept of how big PA really is and she thought that Philly and Pittsburgh were a maximum of two hours apart! LOL OK any way getting off course..........

So we lived a good bit away and I would get my dad's mail at my apt! Now that is strange.....I would get it and call my dad to say I got his retrirement stuff and would be sending it to him :p

Madison's Mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I grew up in a town of 1200 people. Everyone knew what you were up to so you could never have any fun :). My Uncle, Mom and Dad and my Grandparents lived on the same street that we did. My graduating class was 81 people and that was the largest ever to graduate from my school.

Loke

I was born in West Virginia but the town was nowhere near that small!! With all the jokes and comments made about WV people would sure be surprised that is isn't that backwoods.;)

I graduated high school in Kissimmee, FL and our class was just over 500 and it was the largest to graduate from OHS.

kgf73

Boxer Booster
Originally posted by Madison's Mom
I grew up in a town of 1200 people.

I had a 1000 people in my graduating class. I would love to live in a small town. I'm surrounded by strangers everyday. The good thing - I never run into ex-boyfriends (knock on wood).

Jelly

Boxer Booster
You know you are in a small town when:

You leave a bar to go to a party- the driver gets arrested, you catch a ride with the friend in the car behind you back to the bar and when you get there, EVERYONE already knows about the driver's arrest!
Sad, but true strory.

Originally posted by kgf73

I had a 1000 people in my graduating class. I would love to live in a small town. I'm surrounded by strangers everyday. The good thing - I never run into ex-boyfriends (knock on wood).

My graduating class was 2600...we were restricted to 10 people allowed to come...and it was at a stadium...they were STILL standing up..and the ceremony was the LONGEST!

Madison's Mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
Small towns can be nice but a little daunting some times. Shoot I use to party with the police in our town.:eek: Now isn't that a scary thought!.

vasha

Boxer Pal
Originally posted by Ram&LexisMom

My graduating class was 2600...we were restricted to 10 people allowed to come...and it was at a stadium...they were STILL standing up..and the ceremony was the LONGEST!

WOW! Where'd ya graduate from? In 96, Plano East graduated me and 1099 students and we were told we were the biggest class in Texas.

Then my bro graduated from Plano East this May and he graduated 1500 and was told he was the biggest class to graduate.

Where'd you go?

VaSHa frogicon

heidiho

Super Boxer
We also live in a small town. Just love it but it can be annoying at times. Tend to hear more about what is going on than in a big city. But we love not having crowds, traffic jams and pollution.

The local joke: What is the most confusing day in Goldendale? Answer: Fathers Day. Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.