You know you live in a small town when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizBev

Boxer Insane
I love living in a small town....even though everyone knows all of your business. The town here is about 5,000 except in the summer when it doubles in size due to the tourist. Heck, we even had the Hell's Angels here two weeks ago. Nothing like small town America.

Bev

Loke

Originally posted by Ram&LexisMom
I went to school in Abilene, they try to squeeze too many people into one school. They actually need to build one more school.

You talking about high school?!? Heck, I thought mouse town (Kissimmee FL) was bad!! My freshman year we had 900 freshman and I thought that was alot! At the time they only had 3 high schools in the county. Now it's 4. We only graduated with about 500. We were restricted to 4 tickets a piece and had to put our names on a list to get more than the 4 and they started down the list giving 4 tickets a piece until they ran out. I thought that was wrong, they should've added one as they went down the list and if had any more start at the top and add one more until gone.smashicon They didn't want to have it at the stadium, tradition and all, plus they said too hot.

SouthernArt

Completely Boxer Crazy
You guys are killing me!

Three out of four of our county schools consolidated a couple of years before I started junior high school. After that, the original K-12 schools were just K-8. Anyway, I ended up going to the "big" consolidated high school. We had like 130 in our graduating class. If we hadn't consolidated, there would've only been around 30 in my graduating class! :rolleyes:

brandimonkey

Boxer Booster
farmerville

how's that for a town name??? my graduating class was 86, but i had a best friend in a school about ten miles away, and their graduating class was NINE. yes 9 i know.small town. it was good, and it was bad. gossip, get drunk, and gossip some more, that was all there was to do.

Jelly

Boxer Booster
it was good, and it was bad. gossip, get drunk, and gossip some more, that was all there was to do.
Sounds like Guntersville to me.....must be the same in every small town.

My wife grew up in a town of about 400 people. At least 30-40 are relatives.

For example, wifes parents live there
next door to them-wife's aunt & uncle
next door to them-wife's cousin and his family
next door to them-wife's cousin and his family
next door to them-wife's sister and her family

Half of the town is related to them or their spouses. Most of the town knew who I was before I ever set foot in Bristol, TX. The whole town knew that I was Carol's "Pen Pal".

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Not from a small town, but...

My freshman class at Woodrow Wilson in Dallas had 593 students...by far the largest freshman class since the mid-40s. Four years later, 160 of us walked across the stage at graduation. Another 12 did so after summer school.

Of those 172, it will be interesting to see who is still alive at our 10 yr reunion next year. Freshman class was approx 75% Mexican, 12% Black, 10% White and 3% Other. Never did get figures for our senior class.

Cheers,

Bethany

Boxer Booster
Beat this - I had the largest graduating class of my school, when I graduated. With a whole big number of 20 graduates!:D
There were 225 kids in the entire school. And that's from Kindergarten right up through Grade 12.
But you know what? I woudlnt' trade it for the world? In fact I just built a house back home 8 months ago, and I live 2 doors down from my grandparents and 3 doors down from my parents. Family so close can be a hassle sometimes, but overall, it's really good. Small towns are the best!

Bethany

Boxer Booster
Beat this - I had the largest graduating class of my school, when I graduated. With a whole big number of 20 graduates!:D
There were 225 kids in the entire school. And that's from Kindergarten right up through Grade 12.
But you know what? I woudlnt' trade it for the world? In fact I just built a house back home 8 months ago, and I live 2 doors down from my grandparents and 3 doors down from my parents. Family so close can be a hassle sometimes, but overall, it's really good. Small towns are the best!
In giving directions everyone goes by the corner liquor store (it's like a landmark! hehehe) and they know how far they live from it. (I'm 9kms from it)

Status
Not open for further replies.