You know you are a mother when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco's Momma

Boxer Booster
I was walking Coco this morning for her morning poop. After she went, I stepped in the grass to pick up the poo...and that's when I stepped on a NAIL! It was a knob of some sort, looked to be off of a cabinet. It went straight through my flip flop and into my foot! :( It hurt!!! The funny thing about it was that all I could think about what...THANK GOD Coco didn't step on it!!! LMAO So...you know you are a mother when you're in pain and you are thanking God your puppy didn't step on it, but rather you! LOL

Just thought I'd share that cute story with you guys and see if anyone could relate to being such a devoted mommy!

Indy B's Mom

Boxer Insane
OMG, I hope your foot is okay! I totally agree with you that I would much rather something happen to me than my DD or my fur babies. They are so innocent and rely on us for everything, including their safety. Coco is such a lucky girl to have a Mommy as caring as you!! Please make sure you go to your doctor to have your foot looked at, especially if it was rusty-we don't want anything to happen to you either.

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
I agree...have your foot looked at. My son stepped on a nail which went through his flip flop and into his foot. We didn't know until the next day that there was a piece of shoe jabbed into his foot. We had a trip to the ER to get his foot numbed and the rubber dug out.

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
OUCH!! That's gotta hurt!! I agree, maybe you should get that looked at. ;)
Oh yes, you are a devoted mommy for sure! I can certainly relate. Two weeks ago I had a fainting spell (health issues being looked into). I felt myself getting dizzy and tried to hold onto something to steady myself, but with no luck. I knew Spirit was at my feet anxiously awaiting to see what I was doing by the front door. It was strange..I felt myself going down...backwards!! I hit the door and just sorta slid to the floor (hard!) from there, but I was aware of all of it as it was happening, however my vision had blurred. When I did hit the floor, I hit hard and landed on Spirit. He cried out and I felt him struggling between me and the wall. Now, here I am not able to see properly or even stand, my whole body felt like it was riding a wave and all I could do was reach out for Spirit calling him to me to make sure he was OK. I sat on the floor petting him and checking to be sure nothing was hurt. He knew something was wrong because he was very nervous at first, hesitating. I just held on to him and said "poor baby...are you OK..I'm sooo sorry" and he's laying across my legs licking my hands as if to say "poor mommy...are you OK...I'm sooo sorry"!! :LOL:

Coco's Momma

Boxer Booster
Back from the Dr.'s!

Got a tenanus shot (OUCH!) and some antibiotics so an infection doesn't set it!

Once again though...thank God it was ME and not Coco! lol

Beau's Mommy

Boxer Insane
:LOL: Yep, you're a mommy alright! ;) Dh and I were laughing the other day because just before Beau and DaeZee came down with Kennel cough, dh had a really bad sinus infection but he nor I ever thought about getting him to a doctor. But, the moment Beau started coughing we were at the vet pronto :rolleyes:

Biff

Boxer Insane
DH is on the NHS waiting list (UK readers will relate) for a knee replacement as he had been suffering with grade 5 (seemingly as bad as it gets) osteoarthritis for the past 5 years.

He IS in constant pain, and I DO sypathise, but I must admit "Can I get you a painkiller?" is almost as far as it goes most days :LOL:

HOWEVER, our wee Biff woke up this morning LIMPING OMG :eek: I was all over him like a rash........

"Are you ok, boy, what's wrong, awwww Mummy's baby boy got a sore leg? Mummy kiss it better?" :LOL: (I'm SURE you all know what I mean?????)

He was ok btw, I think he'd just got up while his leg was still sleeping :LOL:

dharmadoodle

Boxer Pal
Being a mum I'm at the bottom of the money pile, & now we have Rogue I'm even more at the bottom. In fact I can't remember the last time I bought myself anything. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.