You know what I hate? (vent!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancin

Boxer Insane
OK. Long story short I went offroading this weekend and flipped my truck onto its side and totaled it. Since it's my daily driver to work, I really didn't have a way to get there (well I do, my husband could drive his truck that gets 6 MPG and I could drive my car, however until the truck gets fixed we will be spending a lot of $$ because he works 45 mins away). The truck is still driveable, however very hard to see out of the windshield because it's cracked everywhere. One of my friends at work offered to drive me to work. I come in 30 mins before him. I said he didn't have to and he insisted, so I said OK. Ever since he's been driving me in, he's like "Oh, you are lucky that I drive you to work" etc. This morning he dropped me off and since he works later than me he asked if I wanted any coffee because he was going to go and come back. I said sure, but you don't have to. He again insisted so I said OK. Then he was giving me crap for having him go out and get me coffee. It makes me want to scream!! He's like "I'm just giving you a hard time". I feel bad enough that he's trying to help me out and it makes me mad when he tries to make me feel bad about it, especially when he's the one insisting!!
End vent.

K8IE

Boxer Insane
I have family members like that, they will volunteer to do something and act like it is no big deal, and then gripe about it anyway. Drives me nuts. Hope you can get your ride fixed soon so you won't have to deal with your coworker picking on you! :)

Vela

Boxer Insane
Well, I guess it can be seen from two sides, especially if he is just kidding around, which is something guys do with their friends. He is saving you a lot of money and even going early to make sure you get to work on time. That's actually a pretty nice thing to do even if he is giving you a hard time about it, which it sounds like he's doing in a joking way. I know lots of people who will do something then joke around about how wonderful they are for doing it, but they are just kidding. If it doesn't seem like he is kidding, and you really can't stand the ribbing perhaps you would be better off having your husband drive his truck and you take your car, it will cost you more money but better off keeping a good relationship with a coworker than saving the money on gas. Good luck.

Elyse

Banned
Could it be that you are just too nice and feel so bad that he is going out of his way for you that you are taking his jokes to seriously? If he didn't want to do it, he wouldn't . Like Vela said guys joke around. They can be like little kids and not realize that it may be making you uncomfortable.

I would thank him for all he is doing for you and then ask him if he is sure he doesn't mind and let him know how much you appreciate it and then let him know you feel so bad when he make jokes.

Sorry about the car accident!! Glad everyone was OK!!!!

MyGirlHeidi

Completely Boxer Crazy
Tell him tomorrow he better bring you a donut with your coffee! Give it right back..I know he's teasing you and that you feel bad for him going out of your way but, I think he's just trying to make conversation or be funny. Maybe in the future you can return the favor for him.

Elyse

Banned
MyGirlHeidi said:
Tell him tomorrow he better bring you a donut with your coffee! Give it right back..I know he's teasing you and that you feel bad for him going out of your way but, I think he's just trying to make conversation or be funny. Maybe in the future you can return the favor for him.

Great way to handle this!!!

Luvnmyboxer

Boxer Insane
Offroading=good time, but lots of $$ in repairs. This I've found the hard way, but it's just too much fun to stop. People that act like they are doing you a favor, but then act like it's so out of their way to help are so confusing. I wish people would just be honest and say "yes I'll take you, or no, I really dont want to." No reason to make everything all difficult. BTW, itsn't the 6mpg gasoline so nice on your daily driver?? I got the same thing (although a tad more than 6mpg) on my jacked up jeep--it's breaking me to fill up with gas twice a week, is pushing 60 dollars- not including weekend play time!!

mancin

Boxer Insane
Well I know he's joking because he says he is, but I've told him that I already feel bad and it makes me feel worse when he jokes about it, even if he isn't serious. I told him I don't expect him to do any of this for me and that I can find something else to work if it's an inconvenience, but he insists, so I'm guessing he's doing it because he wants to help and doesn't feel obligated to. I guess I'll try and not take it so seriously, but hard sometimes when you feel bad already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.