You know that it's cold when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trixxie and I just moved from the Coast of NC to the lower mountain area, and the temps have put us in shock - ok, so they aren't the extremes you guys have been having up North, but to us from the Beach, it's icky!!!

Trixxie got to see her first snow Thursday - OHMYGOD was she funny! Blowing it in front of her face with her nose; Snuffing it and then running when it sprayed in her face; then batting it around with her paws and running from it like it was the Devil himself!!!

This is when I wish I had a video camera - still pictures just wouldn't have captured the moment!

Gotta love our finicky boxers in the cold weather!

Trixxie & Linda

tys&kyz

Boxer Booster
Watching the game all I could think of when they showed the fans, "DEDICATED & CRAZY".

Jenny - After reading your post I began to sweat. How did you sit with all that clothes on? I know you could not bend at the waist.

This just makes me realize how much I love Louisiana. I live 20 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, and when it gets in the 30's my boys won't even go outside. I don't envy anyone North of us.
:)

*lacy*

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
Please... just send me a lil bit of snow this year! :p
So, far it doesn't look like we'll be seeing snow here for the second winter in a row! :eek: We normally get a little bit of snow every year! Last year we got NONE and so far this winter... the same. I think the rest of the week will be in the high 40's.
I am from Pittsburgh PA, I miss the snow sometimes.

jray

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by tys&kyz

Jenny - After reading your post I began to sweat. How did you sit with all that clothes on? I know you could not bend at the waist.

Lacy- i felt like the kid in a Christmas Carol - (you'll shoot your eye out) When his mother bundled him up and he couldn't put his arm's down! I was warm but it was a total white out and about 10 degrees and we were on the side of the stadium that gets the wind so I needed to be that bundled!

we got hit last night about a foot and a hlaf. Disney got lost and sank right in you should have seen Oskar freak! He didn't know where his brother went it was so funny watching him try to find him!

Jenny & Oskar

HD_Cruisin8

Super Boxer
EEK I'm sorry for you people up north!! I feel like a wimp now! Earlier tonight(15th) I went to a movie, I walked the short distance to the car afterwards and when I got in I couldn't even talk I was shivering so badly! It was like upper 30s or low 40s then.. the low here in VA where I live is like 21. Last friday we got snow and saturdays temps weren't above 28 but the low(which I experienced) was 9.. So that's as low as it's been here. Monday it got up to the mid-60s..and Last sunday&monday(3 & 4th) was in the mid-70s.. So a drastic change from the 4th at 70 to saturday at 28! But that's Va and I am accustomed to the weather hehe! My mom said something about it being -60 in the New England area...and possibly close to -100 in New England:eek: Now that is outrageous!! Oh well I have empathy for you all!

Paige

Scorpio

Boxer Insane
You know its cold when >>

You know its cold when .... you get up in the night and your street is flooded with water!!! I got up around 2am last nite to get a drink of water and I looked outside the front window, it was cold out and the wind was blowing and I noticed all this water at the end of the driveway, steam just blowing! Not coming from my house, Thank God. So I called the city and they sent someone right away,then around 430 they were removing snow and now there are lines painted everywhere!!!??? I pray they don't have to dig up our driveway or lawn. We have a interlok driveway and a sprinkler system!! I guess a pipe must have broken from the cold or something.

colleen

xenaprincess

Boxer Insane
Colleen..I saw on the news last night that pipes are bursting everywhere in Ontario!! These Artic temps are just too much! DH walked to the bank this morning which is less than a block away. His hair was still damp when he left...it was all ice when he came home!:eek: He actually scared our daughter because his moustache was frozen too! For those of you who don't know this kind of cold...It's colder than an Eskimo's freezer here!! If your eyes water, they just might freeze open or shut! Today they have said that frost bite can occur in under 4 min.!! Yup...It's cold here!;) I HATE winter! BTW..Do you think our fur-babies suffer from SAD too? Xena seems soooo depressed lately, and I wonder if it's because she is not outside as much, worshipping the sun, which is her favourite sport!?

Sharon:)

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
Originally posted by xenaprincess
I HATE winter! BTW..Do you think our fur-babies suffer from SAD too? Xena seems soooo depressed lately, and I wonder if it's because she is not outside as much, worshipping the sun, which is her favourite sport!?Sharon:)

Definitely the furbabies suffer from SAD - Fritzi and Teddy just lay on the kitchen floor looking lovingly at the back door, waiting for me to let them out...They seem more short tempered with each other also - bickering over biscuits and room on the bed, like they're bored out of there minds!!

On a personal note - I just got back from some errands this morning that I had to do, and I cannot feel the tops of my thighs :( Even though I was only outside to unload the car (about 20 mins) the wind is biting (-50 windchill). Thank God my car started and ran fine - that would be my worst nightmare - to have to wait for road service in this crap...Pipes are all bursting here, no heat for many...I have to keep doing laundry or the machine pipes freeze...They cancelled all schools here today and I have one very happy son :D Keep warm everyone!!!

Barb

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
I hear about water main breaks alot lately since it has been extremely cold. The wind was horrible last night, sounded like our house was gonna blow over. Ginger is in a depressed mood today, she has not been able to go out and play for a long time. I am just counting the days till Spring. Warm weather, birds singing and flowers blooming.:) I am feeling better already. Keep warm and snuggley everyone.

Linda & Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.