You guys see the Danbury Mint Christmas cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
I got samples of them in the mail the other day. There are 4 and 3 of those are of the standard Simon Mendez prints but there is one with 3 boxers curled up on Santa sleeping. It is so adorable and what makes it even better, 2 of the boxers are grey faced babies. I was going to scan them for you guys but they are on the Danbury website.

I absolutely love the Santa one. The sample they sent is gonna get framed and put out for a Christmas decoration, as sad as that is.

Here is a link of all their boxer stuff (the cards are there too):
The Danbury Mint
(be careful, their stuff is addicting...and expensive)

Also, their annual Christmas ornament is adorable. I have 2007, 2008, and recently received the 2009 ornament. Fun item to collect every year. Now if I could only justify the boxer tree...

Last edited:

SweetCody

Boxer Insane
That is very sweet. I really need to stay far away from that web site......it looks very dangerous :LOL: . I want that Boxer planter thing, it would look so nice on my front porch :)

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I got the advertisement the other day. I agree, the one with the three boxers on Santa's lap is the best, with the gray faces. The one out front looks just like my Star.

I also agree the site is addictive. My husband has been getting me the boxer ornaments for
Christmas the last few years, and two years ago he got me the tree. For my birthday he got me the planter. It all started when someone else gave me a plate for Christmas one year, and once Danbury Mint gets your address they constantly send you flyers on all the new stuff. (But it also makes it easy for my husband to shop.)

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
TossBranAbi you're a bad, bad girl! Why oh why did you have to show me this stuff???? Now I have to try to erase it from my memory before I go and buy something :LOL:

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
TossBranAbi you're a bad, bad girl! Why oh why did you have to show me this stuff???? Now I have to try to erase it from my memory before I go and buy something :LOL:

Sorry but welcomeicon. The best thing about Danbury is they have a payment plan so it isn't such a had hit to the wallet at once. I have the lamp, the clock, and all of the plates from both collections except for a few harder to find ones. The UK site has even more plates (a puppy collection one and a few others.) I don't buy my plates from Danbury directly, instead I got them off of ebay. They don't all have certificates with them but I don't care, I just want the plates to look at and I got them a heck of a lot cheaper.

I wanted the lantern too but the bad thing is is that between the plates, clock and lamp I already have all the pictures and repeats of a lot of them too. But I still like the stuff!

Here are the plate collections we have here in the US if anyone is interested:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/TossBranAbi/Danburyplate2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/TossBranAbi/Danburyplates.jpg

(warning, they are cute! They don't show all of them on the website, that's why I showed these.)

I have a couple more that are pictured in the above pictures so don't know where they came from but the are definitely Danbury Mint/Simon Mendez pieces. Louise501 also has (or at least had) the plates.

SweetCody

Boxer Insane
Okay this has turned into cruel and unusual treatment :LOL: . I just love those last two pictures, are these a display of yours? I love how it is done, shows off the collection beautifully.

bawlinkids

Super Boxer
NO............. I can't look! I want it all!!! I have looked at many different sights with Boxer stuff and most of them don't even resemble a boxer. This stuff is beautiful! I love the one you have of the puppy with his hinder up in the air!

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
Okay this has turned into cruel and unusual treatment :LOL: . I just love those last two pictures, are these a display of yours? I love how it is done, shows off the collection beautifully.

Actually these are stock photos from Danbury. I have my collection in a lighted china cupboard in my dining room. I think I have 24 total plates in there, most of them are Danbury but there are a couple that are not Danbury...all boxers though!

Status
Not open for further replies.