1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yogurt to avoid gas

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by BrodyBella, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrodyBella

BrodyBella Boxer Pal

I have recently started to give my 16 mo. old, Brody, and my 4 mo. old, Bella, plain low fat yogurt to try and help reduce their gas problems! I was just wondering if a specific type or brand is best and how much to actually give them?! Right now we just give them a few spoonfuls but I'd rather have a set amount they're supposed to have. Thanks for any information you can provide me with!

2. beasleymom

beasleymom Super Boxer

I'm not an animal nutritionist or anything, but I give Beasley (who weighs about 53 lbs soaking wet) a rounded tablespoon of Dannon plain yogurt in his morning bowl. We feed a combo of Wellness Fish and Sweet Potato and home-cooked, so his gas isn't as bad as it could be, but the yogurt really does help keep the 'toxicity' at bay...:LOL:

There are several threads in the feeding forums that talk about yogurt, and I'd imagine you could do some additional fact-finding that way. The only reason I use plain is because it has less sugar than the fruit on the bottom kind or other flavored yogurts. Compare the sugar levels between full-fat yogurt and 'fat free' yogurt - you'd be surprised how much sugar is actually in 'fat free' foods. I try to keep sugar at a minimum at my house. good luck!!

melissa & beasley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.