1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yogurt how often how much

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Kathee, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathee

Kathee Boxer Booster

OK so the passing of gas is a bit out of hand especially as his butt is usually near my face ... How much yogurt how often is appopriate? How much do you feed your dogs and how often?
    I did ask the vet andd she said yes yogurt is perfectly healthy to give ot him she just didnt say how much or how often thanks

2. sgbtab

sgbtab Banned

I give a teaspoon twice a day. make sure it is plain yogurt and has the live cultures.

3. Kathee

Kathee Boxer Booster

wow just a little twice a day! I am glad I asked! I was going with the mind set of half a cup every other day ....

oh also do you give it on top of the kibble or seperate .. I am thinking seperate ???

4. sgbtab

sgbtab Banned

I give it with there food. they love it too. lovicon and it really helps with the stinkys.:eek:

5. K_J's Dad

K_J's Dad Boxer Insane

Kilbane gets a teaspoon or two with every meal right on top of his kibble. Be sure to use Plain Fat Free yogurt.

6. BoxerMom13

BoxerMom13 Boxer Buddy

Yogurt

I give my boxers Stonyfield Farms Vanilla yogurt with each feeding, which is twice a day. They get a tablespoon each, and they LOVE it. The gas has definitely slowed down, and, no more urinary tract infections. It is a bit pricey at almost $4 a container and they eat roughly 2 every week or so, but if it keeps them healthy then its paying for itself. Did I mention that they LOVE IT? I highly recommend it, just don't expect your dog to eat their food without it once you start them on it. Mine will refuse to eat to the point of me having to go the the store on a moments notice to get more yogurt just so they will eat, and of course, I do it. Hook line and sinker......

7. BULLDOG8871

BULLDOG8871 Boxer Booster

The yogert will help reduce the gas?? Roc's stomach has been "bubbling" the past day or so (He's been gasing me out of the house too) and his stool has been softer then normal. Will the yogert help reduce the bubbles and help him get back to normal (whatever normal is)

I boiled him some chicken and he puts his nose up to the pumpkin anymore...

8. BoxerMom13

BoxerMom13 Boxer Buddy

It definitely reduced the gas in my boys so I think its certainly worth a shot. What food do you feed him? The loose stools & excessive gas could be the food too.

9. BULLDOG8871

BULLDOG8871 Boxer Booster

I've been feeding canidae which seems to be the best food out there for him right now. The gas just recently started...and all i can say is WOW...lol

10. BoxerMom13

BoxerMom13 Boxer Buddy

Ive heard thats excellent food. I have been feeding mine Solid Gold for years, and just bought a bag of Royal Canin Boxer 26 and heard its crap food so Im going to try to keep them on the SG. Its in very few stores and sometimes out of stock, but, I hear Royal Canin rates a 2 out of 6, and Solid Gold is a 4. I certainly dont want them eating crap food, especially considering the price is the same as the 4 star food (Solid Gold). I also think Boxers are just gassy by nature, but it can be curbed. Try the yogurt, I think it calms down their digestive tract. And don't feed table foods-we do occassionally give them cooked steak as a treat (our leftovers), and we pay dearly for it. Their gas is unreal after eating people food, but they deserve a treat once in a while. : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.