Yellow stains on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Wasn't too sure where to post this so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.
Casper my white Boxer has yellow stains on the top of his head. i have tried to wash them off to no avail and have no idea what they are from.

It is not pee from my other dogs, they are not in the garden unattended plus he goes nowhere near them when they go to the toilet. It just looks so flipping awful.

Any suggestions? I can't use anything harsh as he has allergies and sensitive skin.

Althea

Completely Boxer Crazy
I will be curious to hear this answer, as I struggle sometimes with stains on my white boxers -- not Suki but when Cai was still living. Not sure where they came from, though occasionally it was just a grass stain.

But I have to say -- I checked out your photos -- Casper is BEAUTIFUL. What a gorgeous dog. I'm a sucker for white boxers, anyway, but he is such a great example.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Try a little peroxide. Safe for skin!
Bleaching affects of traditional peroxide (3-7%) won't do anything to the already white hair but should remove the yellow stains.
Any blooming flowers now?
Could be pollen??

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
Thank you for your kind comment Althea, will have a look at your pics in a mo :)
It's not pollen as we have no flowers in the garden (the dogs are terible pruners :LOL: ) Not sure if I'd dare put peroxide on him or where to get it from, is it safe?

Cami

Boxer Insane
Any pharmacy or first aid section of a grocery story will have peroxide.
Safe for use on human skin. Cleans cuts abrasions, etc....Kills germs. No burning. Pharmacy grade.
At least this is how it is in the states. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.