1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeasty paws

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by RoxyBeans, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxyBeans

RoxyBeans Boxer Buddy

Hi all,

My girl Roxy is having some paw issues. We've been hit with tons of snow all winter and the yard is like one huge snow ball or mud puddle. Therefore her paws are constantly getting wet. I do dry them off but the yeast buildup makes her lick them. I was wondering if there was some sort of wash or antifungal cream/spray I could put on them? At first it was just her nails but I looked tonight and in between the toe pads its dark dark brown, almost looks bloody (but it's NOT blood) and very red. I was using (don't laugh) Monistat because that's what the vet said to do for her nails. Well the nails never cleared up and its getting worse. Any ideas??? Someone said Malaseb but I don't want to buy it if that's not what I need. If another vet trip is in order so be it but I thought I would get some advice before we went back. Thanks!!!!

2. harleyboxer

harleyboxer Super Boxer

Malaseb pledgets work well for that, but I don't know if you can get them without going to the vet. You can try wiping her paws with baby wipes after she comes in, just in case she's getting something irritating on them. She might need a different kind of antifungal (if it is yeast and not bacteria), maybe a shampoo to wash her feet. The red color is saliva staining...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.