1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah, I am a girl plumber

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandydk, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paula

Paula Boxer Booster

I retired about a year ago. I spent 30 years in a field that is nearly all male. I did a lot of proving myself the first 10 years or so, but ultimately became one of the most respected people in my field over a 3 state area. Overall it was a great experience. When the micromangment of the more recent management teams changed the work environment dramatically, I retired.

You enjoy it and/or do it well, you go for it!

2. lisasentous

lisasentous Boxer Insane

Way to go girl!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine decided that she wanted to be a Mechanic as her dad was one. Now we are talking about in the late 80´s when we finished school.
    She did get alot of stick but her dad was very supportive and now she is running the family garage.
    As women have smaller hands it seems that we can do more tricky, smaller jobs.

3. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

I am a female parts person for a GM dealership and my coworker, Tara is a service writer for the same dealer. Neither of us enjoy dealing with the many males and a few females who do not think I am capable of looking up a car part or do not think she is able to write up their vehicle. What the h*ll, does it take an overload of testosterone or something? The guys in the shop are fine, they have full faith in us as they know we are more than capable. It is the customers. What we love most to do is when somebody asks her to talk to the parts "guy", she transfers them to me and I do the same for her. evilicon
    However, for the most part, people are good and give us a chance.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. Jixxerpup

Jixxerpup Boxer Booster

I think everyone on this site deals w/ poop at some point! I know it's nothing new to me.

5. KCboxer4

KCboxer4 Completely Boxer Crazy

Good for you!!! Hubbie is a Plumber, he says good for you too!!! Also, to say nothing of the fact that commercial work and new construction is HARD, I mean you have to be really smart to do all that stuff, I v'e been with him for over 20 years and I still don't know how he does it. The hard hat thing, you should see his:) Im awfully glad he wears it!!!!

6. tab_b

tab_b Boxer Insane

Good for you!! :) I actually took Industrial Mechanics a few years ago - I took it with 22 guys, and got quite the looks, let me tell you! ;) AND, graduated top of my class, thank you very much!! ;)

WTG WOMEN TRADESPEOPLE!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.