1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah, I am a girl plumber

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandydk, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kandydk

kandydk Boxer Buddy

Well I just have to vent sometime, sort of. I am a plumber, yes a real live licensed plumber and I am a woman. I do work on toilets, sinks, showers, and all that stuff well mainly in hospitals, mostly commercial and big construction jobs. Yes, I do have a pink hard hat too. Well I just have to say.......I like my job, even though I get to work with poop sometimes.

2. ozzy's mum

ozzy's mum Boxer Insane

Well i think that's fantastic!

3. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

Go Girl! :)

4. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

I think that is cool! I had a lady plumber come to our old house when we were fixing things up to sell, I felt much more comfortable having her in the house and she did a great job. (And no plumber's crack..) :) LOL

5. FletchersMom

FletchersMom Boxer Insane

You go!!!! I love when a woman does a job that is a so called man's job. I was driving home the other day and saw a work van that read "Ed Miller and Daughter Heating and Cooling" I thought that was so cool that it was and daughter instead of and son. I love the pink hard hat too!!!!

6. xenaprincess

xenaprincess Boxer Insane

Go Girl Power!! cool2icon
    My gf worked on a construction crew for the longest time and put up with many sexual remarks and innuendos. She literally had to PROVE that she was just as good as any man when it came to doing her job. Within her 1st yr, the guys on the crew gave her a pink hard-hat and a can of pink spray paint. Now whenever they do road maintenance, she sprays a pink line on the road to show she was part of that job and to give it a "womans' touch"! :cool:

7. Dunkin

Dunkin Boxer Insane

You go girl! My daughter is going to Carpentry School she is the only girl in the class and is tops in the class. They have all nick named her monkey because she can climb around in the rafters better than they can climb a latter.

8. Coco'smommy

Coco'smommy Boxer Insane

I think that's awesome! I followed my Dad around when I was young and watched/learned from him how to work on anything & everything. My DH wouldn't appreciate me telling this but I can dig in on something & probably fix it quicker and better than him :D Keep it up! ;)

9. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

You go Girl!!! My cousin Diana works for Nipsco gas company and she goes to homes and works on their furnaces and gas water heaters.

10. tianthai

tianthai Completely Boxer Crazy

This is one of the best jobs you can have. You will be the perfect super girl if you also become an electrician as well. In our lives we always need a plumber and an electrician. I am trying to convince my son daily to become an electrician an a plumber. You will never be unemployed. Try to call a plumber or an electrician, they have never got time.
    A Chapeau for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.