1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAY! Set the date

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tam319, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

I had to tell all you boxer lovers my exciting news.

We have FINALLY (after 2 months of deliberation :rolleyes: ) set a wedding date. We are getting married on Oct 12, 2002. We've booked the church, reception site, etc. And I am getting REALLY excited.

The only sad part is that my fiancee has put his foot down to Luke and Tony being ring bearers and Lady being the flower girl. What a party pooper.

Tam

2. Billysmum

Billysmum Boxer Insane

fiestaicon partyicon

Congratulations.

Tell your fiance that we at boxerworld think having dogs as ring bearers and flower girls is a great idea! What could possibly go wrong?

3. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

fiestaicon YIPPY YIPPY!!! I am glad your wedding is moving along. Whew that is so soon, before you know it you will be hitched :LOL: Well if you can't have them in the wedding someone better be able to bring them over for the pictures that is what I would say! :D

4. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Don't feel bad, I was shot down on having my Nikki at the church! :( Fall is such a wonderful time to get married, we got married at the end of September and the weather was just beautiful. Wishing the same for you!!!!

5. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

We have only had Lady for a week so I told my fiancee the reason I got her was because we needed a flower girl and I don't know any human girls. I even found a lady that make bow ties for dogs with little shirt collars on them. Sooooo cute. I have a few months to twist his arm! LOL

I have visions of the 3 of them shredding the ring pillow into a pile of fluff at the back of the church and swallowing the rings. Then Tony will swagger up to a pew and take a leak while the two boxers kidney bean the guests into oblivion. That's my idea of a perfect wedding!

At least he has agreed that on the top of the cake there will be a bride, a groom and 3 dogs!
    :D
    Tamara

PS Anybody else think a boxer would look dashing in a top hat?

6. Kysha

Kysha Completely Boxer Crazy

I got married almost a year ago and I was quite serious about having the dogs in the wedding party. My husband would not hear of it. When we finally found the perfect church - they would not allow the dogs to be in the church :( So my husband got his way in the end.

I did however have a good friend bring the dogs to the photo shoot, so we have some wonderful pictures with them.

After the wedding and reception we opted to go back to our own place for the night, and it was so nice to sleep in our own bed with the dogs of course. The neatest thing is that we got home around 3am from the wedding and we walked the dogs still dressed in our wedding attire - that was so fun.

I think the idea of the three dogs on the wedding cake is a great idea!

Good luck with the planning! We did our wedding in 8 weeks, so 6 months should be just fine!

7. Kysha

BTW - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

appicon fiestaicon cool2icon

Silly me - I get talking about Boxers and I forget my mannerssmashicon :rolleyes:

8. Tam319

Tam319 Guest

Thanks for all of your kind words and wishes everyone!

Yesterday I was very "frantic" (yes, that is a very good description) about getting a church, hotel, etc. booked in time because most places want one year in advance booking. Luckily with my trusty phone book I was able to book the church, hotel (with served dinner), photographer, limo and DJ from my home! Yay!!!

Kysha - did you check out theknot.com for your wedding planning? So far it has really saved my butt.

I think fall will be a beautiful time to get married. Everyone always wants a summer wedding but here it is stifling hot (37 C with no wind) and that would be torture to be all dressed up in.

I will definitely have to look into having photos with the dog. Only I will INSIST that Mark is in the photos too. We saw a professional photo at the mall of a bride (alone) and a Maltese in a bow tie - it looked like she was marrying the dog.

And on a lighter note....I booked the church without seeing it first because it was the only one in the city that was available. After I had already booked it we drove by to check it out. IT IS HIDEOUS!!!!! LMAO We saw it from about 20 blocks away and laughed til our guts hurt and the tears were rolling. It is a neon green tee pee shaped dome that I am sure is highly visible from space. Just looking at it burnt my retinas. I am looking into alternatives but it looks like we may be stuck getting hitched at the "Alien Airport". That just goes to show you should always look into something before you agree over the phone. I am afraid that if I phone to cancel they will say "Why? Is it because it's green?" and I will laugh uncontrollably in the poor persons ear. Damn me for being so shallow!!!! Mark seems to think it is pretty hilarious and "serves me right" that I will be getting married in a radioactive green church.

Tam

9. Kysha

Hi Tam,

Yes, I found theknot.com a very good site. My good friend purchased their wedding planner for me and it was a great thing to have. The other thing that I did was create a binder with dividers (one for cake, flowers, dresses, invitations,...) everytime I found something that I liked I would cut it out of the magazine and put it in the binder.

Our wedding was quite casual. About 90 people, and the reception was at a local brew pub - the pub is the place that we hung out ALL the time. It was a cozy place with great food, atmosphere, and lots to drink! It was much cheaper too, becuase the pub didn't charge us a rental fee!

As for the green church - that's too funny! I am glad that you are able to laugh about it - I am not sure I would have handled it as well.

Try to enjoy the planning and creation of your wedding - because you only do it once!

10. Loke

Loke Guest

Congrats!!partyicon

Like Kysha I did our wedding in 2 months time!! My husband was in the Army and away at boot camp. Luckily, we had no problem with churches and they were free since his family were members. We had 2 to choose from and went with the smaller one since it wouldn't cost so much to decorate. But I would definitely go with a place you are happy with, don't settle. Oh the stories I could tell about that day.
    :o

PS. Dogs as flower girls are much better than little bratty girls that are related!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.