1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrinkles?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by nswain, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Yeah, I kind of thought that too at first, but the rest of his body (what we can see of it) doesn't appear to be affected. He's a cutie though!!

2. nswain

nswain Completely Boxer Crazy

I found petfinder listings for a few of the puppy's brothers... the others already have "adoption pending" on the rescue site & aren't on petfinder.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8646850
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8646852
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8646853

They are all fairly wrinkly - they look like little old men! Not as wrinkled as the first boy but enough that they don't look like a typical boxer. So if it's mange then I guess they all have it?
    We are going to a fundraiser for the rescue on Saturday, I think I'm going to have to ask about these little guys!

3. paysmom

paysmom Boxer Insane

I see that one of the brothers "Sigmund" is recovering from Demodex. That's what I originally thought. I wonder if one has it, they all have it??? Hmmmm...
    Did you go to the fundraiser? Find anything out about them?

4. nswain

nswain Completely Boxer Crazy

We went to the fundraiser but the wrinkly boys weren't there (or at least I didn't see them :( )
    I asked one of the volunteers about them and she was SO RUDE!!! She snapped at me for asking -No they're not mixed, no it's not because of the demodex, don't you know boxers are supposed to have wrinkles?
    Well, some wrinkles, yes, but... you don't have to be mean about it!
    Actually most of the people from that rescue that we spoke with were very curt, which surprised me. I certainly didn't feel welcome. So we are going to a couple of meet-the-boxers type things hosted by another (BW approved :) ) group next month, to see if it's a better fit.
    Sooo... no answers here :o I still think they may be mixed, or maybe just poorly bred? oh well.

5. BookersMyBoy

BookersMyBoy Boxer Pal

I got a little girl a couple months ago, we think she's about 10 months old now. She has a face just like the little one in the picture too. Although, she was also very pink. They told me she had had a mild case of mange, she had been treated and the pink would fade. Well, the pink has gotten worse, just over the last few days, plus she is getting pustules, only on her cheeks. The rest of her body looks great, no hair loss or anything. After doing some research on here, I do think a lot of her wrinkles were from her original case of mange and it wasn't as healed as they thought. So, needless to say, we are on our way to the vet today, but the amount of wrinkles and almost looks like swelling in the picture of that pup doesn't look healthy to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.