Won't stop barking @ new couch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyTysmom

Super Boxer
I think Tyson has lost his little doggie mind :) Yesterday our new couch was delivered and Tyson will not stop barking at it. We have power recliners on each end of the couch and as soon as you even think about touching the button to adjust the legs or back he starts barking non-stop. IDK if the electronics make a noise he hears that we don't or what. At first it was funny, now we need to find a way to break him of this.

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
Oh , That IS funny .... but I agree it would get wearing after a while :)

Try distracting with food treats when the couch is operated .... he only gets the reward if he doesn't bark. Would need two of you ... one to operate the couch, the other to keep your boy focused on the food.

Good luck ... and enjoy the new couch :)

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
I had a similar problem when I had Monty and I changed vehicles - he barked at the new car in the garage off and on for three days days solid and it took a week before he would get in it :LOL: Treats seemed to do the trick for him. Have had similar issues recently with Dora and umbrellas and as she is food motivated (thank god!) I am working with her with treats and getting her closer and closer to an umbrella. Good luck and I am sure that Tyson will get used to the new couch - eventually :D

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Awwww lol well for what its worth... I hate change too :) if only I could bark at something until I got used to it!!! Hahaha in honesty it does get obnoxious when they do that. Arabella does it with people who come to our house... Both the dogs bark at first but Bentley stops when you tell him to...Arabella...no....she keeps on with it until they have been at our house for a while!!!! Then after that she's fine with them from that point on. We obviously have to go about that situation in a whole different way. Lol...but I understand the basic issue!!!! I sympathize!!!

BTW...I've seen those couches....their soooo awesome!!!!!

TyTysmom

Super Boxer
Well, it took a few days but Tyson has finally gotten past barking at the couch. He does still however look at it with his head tilted (typical boxer style). LOL

The other day he was laying on my husbands side and his paw or leg must have hit the button to recline. Talk about a freaked out dog! Since finding the button and realizing it isn't alive I think he reclines it on purpose. Looks like we will have to start unplugging the couch when we leave :)

luvmyboy

Boxer Insane
Since finding the button and realizing it isn't alive I think he reclines it on purpose. Looks like we will have to start unplugging the couch when we leave :)

This just strikes me a hilarious! Makes my day... maybe even my month!! :)

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
The other day he was laying on my husbands side and his paw or leg must have hit the button to recline. Talk about a freaked out dog! Since finding the button and realizing it isn't alive I think he reclines it on purpose. Looks like we will have to start unplugging the couch when we leave :)

That is hilarious :LOL: He probably thinks you've bought him a new toy! cool2icon

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Since finding the button and realizing it isn't alive I think he reclines it on purpose. Looks like we will have to start unplugging the couch when we leave :)

That is too funny! Our pups are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.