wondering if anyone else's boxer does this

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelAndRoxy

Boxer Booster
Roxy absolutely hates to be under the covers. She's slept with me on the bed since day one and has never, ever wanted to be under the covers. Sometimes I put them over top of her just to annoy her-maybe that's why she hates it! :p Isn't it funny they are all so opinionated? She does have to spin around several hundred times though to lay down. But she won't just lay down, she'll get up again, go somewhere else on the bed, spin around some more, lay down again, get up again, ad nauseum, until she finds the perfect spot. Then she'll settle down for the night. It's a nightly routine. :rolleyes:

KBENDER

Boxer Booster
Our boy is an under the cover, hold up, dive under and do the roundy roundy thing, then the two girls get on top. Yes a king size bed and we wish it was bigger

cb977

Super Boxer
Our Sammi also demands we lift the covers for her to get under there. She curls up against the back of our knees (usually mine) and falls right asleep. When she was a puppy, running around the house like it was a dog-run, all we had to do was throw a blanket over her and she's come to a complete stop, we'd watch the lump under the blanket shrink down and wait for the snores! Very funny stuff! We call her our "bird"-dog!;)

austin02

Boxer Booster
We can relate!

Our little Austin sleeps with us in the bed, unless we make him sleep in his doggie bed buy the foot of ours - he will try to jump up on the bed and just sit there until we lift him up (we have a high bed frame)! We will both get in bed and then he waits for us to lift the covers to slip under and proceed to the foot of the bed and make a few cricles and then plop down with a sigh. I keep thinking, Can he breathe down there? We have two down comforters on us during the "winter" months in San Diego and Austin stays down there all night long and sticks his little nose out to breathe on occassion.

Although sometimes, it's like those dutch ovens- got to be careful shifting or else we get the wrath of his dinner!

:eek:

Angel, my 4 month old, has to be on the bed inbetween me and my fiancee, rught in the middle. I have spoiled her. She has never slept anywhere else. Sometimes I wake up with no pillows in the middle of the night to find she has somehow removed them from under my head and she's laying on them like a bed on a bed, just snoring away. Doesn't like under the covers to much though. Thank goddnes she has been sleeping through the night for the past 6-8 wks. She will not move until I get up, weather its 6am or noon.

8025312luv

Boxer Buddy
Weizen loves to be under the blanket. I tuck him in on his bed at night under a blanket. Whenever we are on the couch I always have a blanket and he always comes by and nudges his little nose under the blanket until he has tunneled his way into the warmth. And the next thing I know I'll have a snoring lump rising and falling. A few mintues later he will have monopolized the blanket and all that is left for me is a small corner. Gotta love 'em though. At least he keeps me warm when it's cold.

Ngoc & Weizen

LokiGem

Super Boxer
First of all, Are these dogs spoiled or What?

Loki is a big blanket hog. He scoots along the side of the bed trying to find a good tunnel under the covers then he hops up scooting all the way under the blankets. He does the circle thing then a big sigh as he rests his head on my leg underneath the covers. He curls up so small you cant tell he's under there if your just looking at the bed. If anyone walked into my room they would be quite surprised when a 70 pound boxer jumps out from under the covers. A good security system, I suppose.

The thing that drives me crazy though, is when he stands up under there and jumps off the bed taking all my blankets with him.
:rolleyes:

NFBoxerMom

Super Boxer
Copper likes to make his nest as we call it, under the blankets..usually just for his mid-day nap. He slinks underneath, tosses the blankets up in the air, turns around in circles a bunch of times and flops down. At night he's on top of the covers. Belle likes to sleep under the covers at night though

We, unfortunately haven't got the king size bed yet, but we're definitely going to invest in one now that we've got 3 boxers. going to be a necessity moreso than a luxury once Holly gets bigger LOL

BoxerLuv82

Super Boxer
Pillow hogger here!

Rocky isn't crazy about going under the covers but he does love my pillows though. He'll jump up on the bed, do the little circle dance and then plop down with a big sigh. Sometimes, he will accidentally land on his "big sister", Princess, a little 18lbs rat terrier who loves to be UNDER the covers.. so right after the sigh you'll hear a little whine and moan from under him :rolleyes:

scribe1128

Super Boxer
One under, one over!

One of each here!:p Lady is my little "mole." She will come up and head butt the blankets until I open them up then she will go under for a while. But after a while, she will peek her little nose out. Sometimes she will actually put her head on the pillow while she is still under the covers. Titus, on the other hand, prefers the top of the bed, but he will hug close until I'm almost to the edge with little room to spare!:o Gotta love these dogs!
Cheryl, Titus and Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.