1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

with kids . . . . . male or female??

Discussion in 'Boxers & Children' started by natasha_1984, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebronx

thebronx Boxer Buddy

i think...

As most people have said it doesn't really matter-both are wonderful with kids. Our child was our baby Bronx but many of our friends have children. When they came over to the house he used to follow the babies and toddlers around and sit and watch over them. When the children started getting into something Bronx would lightly bark-he was the best babysitter you could have ever imagined and I am sure other boxers are the same-regardless of sex.

2. Luvnmyboxer

Luvnmyboxer Boxer Insane

My brother and family had a male boxer when my niece and nephew were born, he's since passed and now they have a female who's great and we have Titan who's great and loves his kids too. I actually think Titan is the more affectionate of the two boxers towards the kids but both dogs will let either kid do whatever they want to them. So from our experience either male or female is ok.

3. Gus's Teah

Gus's Teah Super Boxer

If you already have a male dog, then you should probably get a female...providing that they are both neutered/spayed, this is the best pairing for dogs.
    TBJ

4. koaboy04

koaboy04 Boxer Insane

I have only ever had male dogs, I have 3 male dogs now & they are great with our kids & then millions of other children that come to our house. I prefer male dogs. :)

5. eae24

eae24 Boxer Pal

Our 8 month old male is great with the kids. We had a little trouble keeping him off the baby (he's 12 months.) Rosco would sit on him or lean on him, so I had to keep a watchful eye. But there has never been any aggression. He just loves them to death (I also have 5 and 4 year old daughters.)

beth
    &
    rosco, beautiful fawn male, docked and floppy

6. Boxer52701

Boxer52701 Boxer Pal

My Male is GREAT with kids

Kody is VERY good with kids - He was 3 years old when my daughter was born and he was great with her from day one. My boys were 3 when we got him as a puppy and we never had any problems. The only problems I have found are that when my boys have friends over and they are playing rough like boys do - Kody gets a little upset as if he is worried their friends are going to hurt his boys. I always use caution when my kids have friends over because he does tend to be protective of "his" kids.
    Hope this helps,
    Donna
    Kody ~ fawn cropped and docked 5/27/01
    and adding a little reverse brindle girl mid April.

7. SandyHG55654

SandyHG55654 Banned

we have Males

I read some where I think at a rescue site that males are better. They are protective of the family and don't usually leave the property unless they smell a girl in heat. It said females sometimes are flighty and will leave if in heat also they get snippy in their old age and boys are more tollerating of kids behavior. Thats just what I read. I have 2 males. My 5 month old is great he's gotten tripped, landed on, stepped on, shoved,i'm sure an ear or 2 pulled he's never even growled at my kids. kids ages are 10 6 and 4, good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.