Wish Me Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindawg

Boxer Buddy
Wish me luck. I am going in to have a breast reduction surgery next week. I am 24 years old and have been debating this for several years. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I will be able to buy "cool" shirts that fit and I will never have to endure the question (Are they real? :) ) I was wondering if anyone else went through this?

I was having second thoughts about it after my friend's terrible situation after giving birth. I know that this is something I really want. For anyone who remembers my previous post, my friend is going to be placed in a home. There has not been any improvement and she is still on a ventilator. Her baby is doing great. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Linda C.

------------------
Rocky: born 1/15/99, male fawn with floppy ears
Ali: born 10/25/96, female, fawn, and floppy ears (Parent's kept her when I got married)
Spots: 18lb female cat

[This message has been edited by lindawg (edited 11-01-2000).]

Lava Linda

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well, I can't give you first hand advice, but how about second hand? A friend of mine had reductions done, and has had no regrets at all. Everything went just fine and she's much happier with her "trimmer" figure.
Good luck to you, whichever way you go!

------------------
Linda, proud mother of:
Gilroy - 5 y.o. brindle male, natural ears, gentle as a lamb :)
Purdy - 5 y.o. spayed female, flashy brindle, natural ears, fastest tongue in the west!

sandy oakey

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have a friend who had this procedure done. She has been real happy with the results and she has no more back trouble :)

MajorMom

Boxer Booster
I've been thinking about it too. Like you I have gotten the dreaded question and for a while I liked it alot. :) But sometimes it is kind of depressing. Let us know how it goes!
Good luck!

Okay, I have 2 cousins who had this done when they were both 18, it has been over 18 years and to this day they both still will tell you that for them it was the best decision they could have made.
I also have 2 friends over the age of 30 and they are both also very happy with the results, no more back aches and YES! They were different clothing now!
Good luck next week.

------------------
Cindy Corl
Lacie female, brindle, natural ears,7-17-99

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I know two people who have had it done. They both say it was one of the best things they have ever had done.

Good luck,

------------------
Jan
Markus, dark brindle
neutered male, 6 yrs old

E

Elsa

I have a question; is your insurance going to cover it? I ask because my sister is having it done and her insurance is NOT covering it. I checked into it (am still considering it) and my insurance WILL cover it. Like you, I long to be able to wear "cool" tops. My husband sees the problems I go through and often says "you would make a killing if you could start your own clothing business". Button-front tops are a no-go and a minimizer bra for me is a must; ugly as they are. And when I buy suits, I have to buy separates because the skirt is usually an 8 and the jacket a 12; no sets for me.
One of my best friends had the surgery done 2 years ago and is very happy. Her insurance covered the reduction but she had to pay extra to have them "lifted".
Good luck! I'm excited for you!

MarinaS

Boxer Insane
Good luck and, oh, how I envy you.. Because you're a brave person, you've made the decision and I couldn't. I am a big coward :( I am always afraid of some bad after-effects that may occur, scars that may stay forever, etc.. Like some others on this board I have difficulties buying clothing because I'm quite skinny except my breast. I also have to buy suits separately and even if the upper part fits me "in front" the back of it is still lose. I've been thinking of a surgery since I'm 17 and I still hesitate. Please let us know how it goes, perhaps I feel more sure about the surgery if I know someone who's gone through this.
Best of luck :)

lindawg

Boxer Buddy
Elsa: My insurance is covering the entire procedure. I went into the consultation thinking there was no way it would be coverered because I really never experienced back problems. I was wrong, the insurance approved it in only 2 weeks. Wow!!

Marina?: I will keep you updated. There is many websites on the procedure. Scars are permanent, but they are hidden enought that you can wear bikinis. I am a coward too. It took me many years to come to this decision.

I guess the turning point for me is when I got married in June. I needed to get a size 12 wedding gown so that the top would fit. The gown was altered but the bottom was still big. You can tell in the pictures that the gown is entirely too big for me. I am 5'4, 125 lbs, and my bra size is probably bigger than a 34 DD. Every girl says that I am lucky. I feel that they do not understand. I take kickboxing and I can not participate in the jumping portion (jumpingjacks are an impossibility.) Clothes are a big problem with me. Thanks for the responses :).

Linda

------------------
Rocky: born 1/15/99, male fawn with floppy ears
Ali: born 10/25/96, female, fawn, and floppy ears (Parent's kept her when I got married)
Spots: 18lb female cat

[This message has been edited by lindawg (edited 11-02-2000).]

JoAnn

Super Boxer
I am wishing you good luck in your surgery, I wish I could have it done, I was never large breasted until after my kids were born. I use to be able to wear nice close fitting shirts, now I find myself in these large boxy type shirts. Not to mention gravity is not being kind to me these days. I had just heard stories of how you had to go through so many circles just to be considered for the reduction surgery. Anyways keep us posted. Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.