1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiggle Walk?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by JaredKyah, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaredKyah

JaredKyah Boxer Booster

Before I risk being laughed out of the Vet's office I have a question about my puppy's walk. Please keep in mind that I have never had a dog before and forgive me if this is a boxer basic. My 10 week old seems to have long skinny back legs and she wiggles her hind end when she walks, is that supposed to happen or could there be something wrong? :confused:

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I think that is pretty normal. Wait until she wiggles her whole body and turns into a U-shape when she greets you. That's called kidney beaning. :)

3. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

I think that sounds normal too, Angel is walks like this, she is 7 months now :)

4. kljarvis

kljarvis Boxer Insane

No offense, I laughed! When I saw Hank do this for the first time, his butt would almost make it to us before his face! Everyone calls it kidney-beaning, I first called it side-winding, because I too was not aware of the Boxer traits. I asked my vet about him doing that, he said that Boxer's have a pivot bone in their spine, that's why they can face you with butt and face at the same time!
    So just enjoy it, too me it means they are very happy!

5. NewbBoxer

NewbBoxer Boxer Pal

When I first read this I thought it was a joke. Can't wait to see this for the first time.

6. carver1102

carver1102 Completely Boxer Crazy

mine is three years old and still does the wiggle walk. its funny to me too. it seems like he gets so excited that he can't control his rear end, then he wiggle walks awhile, does it again, then i see the big kidney bean. so yeah, i would definetly say it is normal.

7. kassa

kassa Boxer Insane

A cute thing you can do -- take a toy and wave it over your dog's head to turn him in a circle either to left or right. If the circle they turn to the right is tighter, they're right handed. If to the left, they're left handed. They WILL have a dominant side!

My trainer showed me this -- apparently it will come in handy in agility, though I don't know why, yet!

8. TecShdw

TecShdw Boxer Booster

ha ha, I'm going to try that!

And about the wiggle. Sophie is almost 6 mo's. When my wife gets home from work she wiggles sooooo much you woudl think her rear-end was going to fly off and hit something on a shelf :) I don't really get that though, since I come home so early in the morning and she is sleeping :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.