1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does she make me itch?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by MrBill, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBill

MrBill Boxer Pal

I have never been allergic to any dogs before but my female boxer makes me itch when I play with her. My arms will itch and I will get hives. I also have a Boston terrier and he doesn't make me itch at all. They are both short haired dogs. Thay both are bathed on a regular basis. I thought it was because she is a puppy and that I would stop itching when she gets a little older but she is 10 months now and i still itch. Any ideas why? Any solutions? please help. I love to play and wrestle with her but I break out.

2. Sidda1018

Sidda1018 Super Boxer

You know I have noticed that sometimes when I hold Sidda, my arms will itch and kind of get a red rash. This does not happen when I hold my other boxer, Henry. I am not allergic to dogs at all. The only reason I have come up with is that their hair is different. Sidda's hair is shorter and a little more "course". Maybe that causes the irritation. Henry's hair is a tad longer and softer.

3. Princess3604

Princess3604 Super Boxer

the same thing happens to me when i play w/ princess.. i dont get any hives but i itch like crazy when i play w/ her and sometimes when i hold her.. i'm not allergic to dogs either.. i'm guessing its somethign about the hair also.. not really sure though...

4. bigears

bigears Boxer Booster

I get "Boxer Spit Rash" on my wrists sometimes. It clears up right away with a dab of OTC cortisone cream. I guess they're just so full of love that my epidermis can't handle it! :)

5. Kaylamyboxer

Kaylamyboxer Boxer Booster

My hubby gets itchywhen he plays with Kayla.It's not her hair but her siliva(spit).When she kisses her daddy he itches.

6. sashamom

sashamom Boxer Insane

I get the same thing with mine....i get a rash and then little white bumps that itch like crazy....i am allergic i am sure, but i really don't give it too much attention...if i don't scratch it goes away fairly quickly.

7. MrBill

MrBill Boxer Pal

Maybe it is just her hair. It is a little shorter and more course than my Boston's. I thought about going to one of those allergenists or what ever they are called but my insurance doesn't cover it. I wanted to see one in the past to see what foods I was allergic to. It was gonna cost around 700 dollars. Need I say that I just don't have that kind of money laying around for an informative test.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that isn't allergic to dogs but somehow am allergic to my Boxer. (not that I'm happy all of you are too)

8. Kenosmom

Kenosmom Boxer Booster

Wow! I can't believe it, I thought I was the only one who has this happen to them !!! I itch like crazy and also get little hives (look almost like flea bites) on my arms and face if I have been close to Keno...I think it's definatly something to do with his saliva....I don't get like that with our Jack Russell tho, which is really weird! I've never been allergic to dogs before (only cats) and I really hate it that I get like that because I feel like I miss out on all of those great boxer kisses that my dh and kids get :( Ofcourse I can't ALWAYS resist his kisses and I also can't resist being close to him, so I'm itchy quite often :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.