1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do boxers make the best babysitters?

Discussion in 'Boxers & Children' started by magoo's_mama, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoo's_mama

magoo's_mama Super Boxer

I thought it would be neat to share some stories about why our boxers are so great with our kids.
    We have a 6 month old baby girl, and Magoo is so funny with her. The other night she was teething and feeling crummy and Magoo wanted to sleep on the floor in her room instead of in bed with us. When she was brand new and would need to nurse in the middle of the night he would come in her room and lay his head on my knee while I sat in the rocker and just give the biggest sighs.
    If I'm in the shower while she is napping he will come in the bathroom and stick his nose in and whine if she wakes up. Or if I can't hear her wake up while I'm in the kitchen he will run back and forth from her room to the kitchen, until I get the hint.
    When we take a walk with the stroller he will walk along side like such a little gentleman and just prance, it's so cute.
    Anyone else have stories like this?

2. Elyse

Elyse Banned

So cute!!! Nestle is the same way. When Cole was first born and in the bassinet in our bedroom, Nestle would lay her head right on the edge and watch all night. We were so afraid she would fall in. She would get up at night for feedings too. Now our son is almost 1 (in a week :).. went so fast) and Porter is about his size, they crawl all over each other and interact a lot and Nestle just watches over them and if Porter gets too rough she nudges him away. I have to say that Nestle may be a better mommy than me. lol Isn't it so beautiful to watch them together?

3. remybaby

remybaby Boxer Pal

I love hearing stories like this. Our Charlie is the same way with our girls. I just finished posting on "3 yr. olds & boxers" the way Charlie is with our youngest , the baby , or rather, his baby. The two of the cuddle up on his bed in the living room and she watches t.v. while he sleeps...so very heartwarming.

4. busters mum

busters mum Super Boxer

When Bust was a pup he was a bit of a pain with the kids, but now he is almost 2, and he has grown into the most adorable boxer in the world. He treasures his children.
    The love between them makes me cry sometimes.

5. MY2BOXERGIRL

MY2BOXERGIRL Boxer Buddy

Those stories are so sweet. Katelyn was 3 when we got Lexie and I was worried about their relationship but they are the best of friends. This past weekend We went away and Katelyn stayed with family. When we got back without her Lexie was so depressed until she came back and they were both so excited to see each other. Lexie also knows when Katelyn gets hurt and goes right over (sometimes shes quicker than me) and starts giving kisses.
    We are about to get another Boxer and I cant wait to see all their relationships grow.

6. StormKatz

StormKatz Super Boxer

My husband & I have been breeding cats for the last five years. When one of the girls is having babies I may be stuck with them in a closet or laying on the bathroom floor for hours on end, but Johnny never leaves my side, & right after one of the girls has babies Johnny will lay in front of the nursery door for hours guarding them.

Also hubby & I lived with my in-laws for a few months when my little brother-in-law was 4. While they were outside Johhny would never leave his side. Swimming with Johhny around is always a trial as well, he would always block Kade's path to the pool with us sitting right there...LOL

7. WV*Boxer

WV*Boxer Banned

I love hearing stories like this!! I don't have children yet and I do wonder what Tessa will be like when we decide to have them. Most people I talk to aren't as big of "dog lovers" are I am, and usually tell me that Tessa will need to be put outside when we have children. (I do tell them that they are crazy). :) Thanks again for the stories.....makes me feel better!!

8. mmichaelson

mmichaelson Banned

Same here - we're planning on having a skinkid in the next two years, so I LOVE hearing stories like these!

9. Elyse

Elyse Banned

All I can tell you is that our furry little monsters (even Porter) are amazing with babies. Nestle was amazing from the beginning but then again she is perfect. Porter on the other hand is such a monster but is unreal with Cole and always has been. He is tolerant, gentle and so loving. The 3 of them have developed their own relationships with one another and it is too cute!!!

10. 1sttimeboxer

1sttimeboxer Boxer Pal

Growing together?

My daughter is 4 months old and we are getting our 1st boxer puppy on Sunday (8/14/05). Should they be the best of friends?? My daughter is not afraid of dogs since we just had a large lab and she was with him all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.