1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's in charge???

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by totallyhip, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totallyhip

totallyhip Boxer Insane

For those of you who have more than 1 dog that's male and female.....which dog is in charge?

My friend said that usually it's the female dog. I found it interesting and was wondering. We adopted a female a couple of months ago and her and our male are still trying to work it out I think:)

2. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

It used to be Wyatt, our older boy. He is 13 and while Bayleigh still defers to him, he seems to step back and lets her take over. He still puts her in her place when it's needed!

As far as the "in charge" animal, I would have to say our kitty! She pretty much rules our house!

3. Indy B's Mom

Indy B's Mom Boxer Insane

I would have to say that Tyler is the "top dog". Peyton will occasionally try to be the leader, but she is too nervous to lead the pack. Ty is more of a cocky dog with that "I don't care attitude" so he just naturally does what he wants and I guess Peyton figures she might as well follow suit, since she isn't confident enough to make her own decisions. She has come a long way since we adopted her at 15 months old, but I think her rough puppyhood really took a toll on her confidence level.

4. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

In my experience the females have usually won out. As a matter of fact, the reason that we even have Bella is because we needed a strong female to keep our males in line when our female german shepherd died. The boys were butting heads trying to sort out the new hierarchy and Bella stepped right into Roxie's old role!

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Supposedly the hierarchy goes intact female, intact male, neutered female and last but not least neutered male.

Tara is still the boss as far as Moto goes and she will probably stay that way.

6. Emily86

Emily86 Boxer Booster

Violet, our female is definently the boss of Magnus, our male, but Talley our kitty is in charge of everyone!! she doesn't put up with crap from anyone!

7. DaisyPie

DaisyPie Boxer Booster

Daisy is definately the boss here. She is spayed and Turk is intact though. Turk also weighs almost 15 pounds more than Daisy. Turk tries to take over sometimes, but Daisy always puts him in his place.

8. My Boxer

My Boxer Boxer Insane

I'm in charge!

9. calimomma

calimomma Super Boxer

LOL!! I wish that I was! But with one look of those velvety brown eyes, I give in to whatever they want.

With Abbi and Hayden, it really depends on who's in charge. While she pretty much lets him get away with anything, she definitely puts him in his place when she gets tired of his puppy-ness.

10. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Turk is still a puppy. Wait until he is around 2 years old and you may see a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.