1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White boxers - what's wrong?

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by sarah_bailey, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

You do, hmm? An you don't consider that's just a bit contradictory? You've just "totally agreed" with why they can't be entered in a contest for selection of breeding stock (just as any other animal that cannot be used for breeding cannot be entered) and at the same time are calling this "racism"? That sort of statement is both nonsensical and pointlessly inflamatory. This is not a site for generating useless arguments, and I suggest you check the rules carefully before making posts of that nature.

Btw: the genetics of white coat colour in the boxer breed are well documented and have nothing to do with recessive genes.

2. erin7669

erin7669 Boxer Booster

Whoever said "showing is not a beauty contest" is spot on. The purpose is for breeding stock selection. The judge criqtues your dog to see if meets the standard, the dog that *most* meets the standard out of all the competitors gets the BOB. The judge looks at topline, tailset, head, eyes, ear set, rear angulation, depth of chest, feet, bite, movement... color is of lesser importance. As long as the color meets the standard.
    Showing is a very competitive hobby, its not so that owners can say " my dog is the prettiest!" its so that the breeder can be confident that the dog is suitable to be bred and it takes a number of judges to look at that one dog to award it points... it's not an easy thing. Competition in the boxer breed is stiff, and sure there are inequalities at times, sometimes the best dog doesnt win...
    I don't think anyone here would say that white boxers are not worthy of showing, there was a discusssion on this recently on the show boxer list, and many people even argued on the list that you should be able to breed their whites if they are to breed standard ( with the exception of the color )... but the issue lies there in promotion of a known genetic fault.
    And after the dog finishes it championship, it STILL has to go through various health tests! Holters, eyes, hips at a minimum... even allergies IMO should rule a dog out from being bred.

3. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

I'm in Leicester, I'll try and get there!

4. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

:LOL: Crufts eat your heart out :)

5. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

It is on Sunday 25th March, I'm just trying to get hold of the event organiser (aparantly she'll be home in half an hour) to find out how much the tickets are.

Her husband did say its going to be a BIG show though, they have people coming from all over the UK and Ireland.

6. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

Have just spoken to the organiser - tickets are £1 on the door. Bargain!

Doors open at 8:30, judging starts at 9:30 and continues until about 4pm.

7. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

I went to the one last year held by the same people, it was fantastic and there are lots of stalls selling boxer stuff of course. I bought a lovely silver photo frame with a raised silver boxer in the corner, I've got Lola & Zeb's photo in it obviously :LOL:
    I'll see you there ;), I'll carry a copy of the 'News of the world' and have a red rose in my lapel :LOL:

8. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

I best not take too much money with me or I'll weigh the car down with stuff coming home!

Me and my bf will both be there.

9. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

I'll be there with my bro', he's a dog nut too and dh is not.

10. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

I'll let you know what we're wearing closer to the time and we can meet up and talk about boxers! In the perfect venue!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.