1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Boxer...Price?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by derelic54, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derelic54

derelic54 Boxer Pal

I was surfing the web and came across a website that has boxer puppies for sale...there are two white ones in the litter and they are asking $800 a piece!

So my question is how did you get your White Boxer...Rescue or Breeder and how much did you pay if anything?

2. harley'smama

harley'smama Boxer Insane

I fell for the "rare white boxer" ad. Just keep in mind this was before BW & before I knew all about puppy mills...I saw an ad for the "rare white boxer" and my BF wanted one so I went to check it out. It turns out the place was a puppy mill. I took one look at Harley sitting in his cage & couldn't take my eyes off of him. Not only was he adorable but he was the only one that came up to the door of his cage, tail wagging, to be petted & he wasn't barking his head off or shy at all. I played with him & the rest is history. I couldn't have left him there. He had a large scar on the back of his neck & was the only one left out of his litter. I think no one wanted him because of the scar. But he has turned out to be the best dog I could have ever asked for. I like to think that I "rescued" him (for $250) from that puppy mill because there's no telling where/how he would have ended up.
    Shannon

3. ToksImg

ToksImg Boxer Pal

True licensed Boxer breeders are not allowed to sell white Boxers. The Breeder who we bought Daisy from places her white pups in good homes. Breeding a white Boxer is also forbiden if you are licensed.

4. Lael

Lael Super Boxer

This is my understanding as well.

Cat & Lael

5. LeahR

LeahR Super Boxer

We got our white baby from the pound :( Apparently there is some horrifying person in the area who drops off white boxers in the drop off night cage at the local pound. My husband has a client that works at the pound and when he saw pictures of mason on my desk in the office he told my husband there was one at the pound. It was my B-day and a terrific present. ( I think Ken paid like $150 for the adoption fee)

6. lorishields

lorishields Boxer Booster

white pup

I got mine from the rescue I fostered for (the rescue got her from the pound). The pound fee was about $85 for her (all shots and spay), my adoption fee was $200. Worth every penny! See Dixie in my gallery - she's such a cutie!

7. lorishields

lorishields Boxer Booster

white pup

I got mine from the rescue I fostered for (the rescue got her from the pound). The pound fee was about $85 for her (all shots and spay), my adoption fee was $200. Worth every penny! See Dixie in my gallery - she's such a cutie!

8. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

It's also my understanding that it's not ethical to sell white Boxers. I think they are allowed to charge a small amount for expenses though, a couple of hundred, maybe.

9. ToksImg

ToksImg Boxer Pal

Here is a quote taken from the ABC...hope it helps.

10. 2BoxersnOhio

2BoxersnOhio Banned

I got Quinsi from a Breeder here in the area and paid $400 for him. That is the average price of a Boxer in this area. I don't think I've ever seen any higher than $500-550 for a Boxer regardless of color. I do hate it though when I see an ad that says "rare white boxers" :mad: There's nothing "rare" about them.. except maybe their personalities... but then ALL Boxers have that :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.