Where's the Mackerel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggienDeuce

Boxer Booster
Just wondering if anyone is having a hard time getting canned mackerel in the U.S. these days. I can't find it in any of the grocery stores for the past 3-4 months (I'm in the Jacksonville area). I buy the chicken of the sea brand (the only one I could find) and even emailed the company, but they offered no explanation as to why I can't find it and when it will be available again. I have also asked the grocery store managers to order it for me, but they say it isn't available. Where do you get your mackerel? Maybe there are some specialty or ethnic stores I could try. Fresh mackerel would be great, but not sure where to go for that.

Kaybie's Mom

Boxer Insane
I've only bought it once a while back in a can....it's still sitting on the shelf in my cupboard. Fish DISGUSTS me so I just can't make myself open the can! LOL! I just supplement with fish oil pills rather than feeding actual fish. Sorry I have no idea why they are not stocking the stores???

EAO76

Boxer Insane
We are in California and are having the same problem. If you figure it out please let me know…

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
I have never been able to find it in my town. :( I just thought it was because I lived in a smaller community.

bayleighmom

Boxer Insane
Is it the the canned Jack Mackerel that you feed? This is what there seems to be a shortage of...

I buy canned jack mackerel at Save A Lot. I have heard about a shortage in some areas and checked again at the Save A Lot near me and they still carried it. Maybe I should stock up!

ehayes21

Boxer Insane
Just wondering if anyone is having a hard time getting canned mackerel in the U.S. these days. I can't find it in any of the grocery stores for the past 3-4 months (I'm in the Jacksonville area). I buy the chicken of the sea brand (the only one I could find) and even emailed the company, but they offered no explanation as to why I can't find it and when it will be available again. I have also asked the grocery store managers to order it for me, but they say it isn't available. Where do you get your mackerel? Maybe there are some specialty or ethnic stores I could try. Fresh mackerel would be great, but not sure where to go for that.

I was just saying that to myself the other day. I can't find it anywhere.

MaggienDeuce

Boxer Booster
Thanks for the replies. I buy the canned jack mackerel by chicken of the sea. Haven't tried sav a lot but I will check there this weekend. If they have it in stock I will see if I can get a case of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.